1. Dismiss Notice

Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Snowman528, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Snowman528

Snowman528 Noob

Any recommendations on who to do suspension work on a RM85. Thanks

2. Bill480

Bill480 PR Addict

Racing Number:
  3. Team MMR

Team MMR PR Addict

x2 SRS

4. TwentyThreeMX

TwentyThreeMX PR Founding Father

5. Snowman528

Snowman528 Noob

That sound unanimous! Is there any that I should stay away from? You can message me me if you don't want to put negative feedback on a public forum about companies to stay away from. Any thoughts on Coppersmith, as they are very close to where I live. Thanks

6. TwentyThreeMX

TwentyThreeMX PR Founding Father

I wont say anything negative about others but one big positive about Eric @ srs is that he is always at the local tracks, if anything goes wrong or if you need to make adjustments...its nice to have him around. Just something to keep in mind

7. Clint1991

Clint1991 PR Addict

Racing Number:
    I personally like PR2 over in butler, I have heard nothing but good things about SRS though. Parma Dave to.

8. Coppersmith Powersport

Coppersmith Powersport Noob

Racing Number:
    What type of work do you need done?

9. Snowman528

Snowman528 Noob

Full suspension work or what ever is recommended. And I need a motor done out to a 112cc, do you guys do that kind of motor work?

10. Coppersmith Powersport

Coppersmith Powersport Noob

Racing Number:
    To get the most out of your suspension the key factors are correct springs for in gear rider weight, fresh oil, and correct nitrogen level. From there you will be able to adjust the spring pre-load to achieve proper rider and static sag. So first figure the riders weight, so we know if the current springs will be adequate or if they need replaced.

We do motor work, but I am the suspension tech. I will look into pricing for you.

11. Logan

Logan Noob

Racing Number:
    PDR all the way its the only way to go