Ohio track

zcarlson12

PR Member
Hey guys. My uncle sent me this picture he found cleaning out some stuff. It's from September in 1979 and he's the guy 4th from the right with his goggles around his neck haha. Any of you guys know where this might have been?

Attachments

• 20141017_095931.jpeg
    20141017_095931.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 476
If you look real close, you can see power lines in the background. I have no idea where it is, but it might help someone else! :D

My Bud Jimmie B. says it is Meadowlarks, the old start. I think he is right. At one time they used a rubber band start at the same spot. Not sure if they had a gate by 79. Wonder what class it is? We raced that track in that era but I don't recognize anyone. Great picture.

Yes, that is Amherst Meadowlarks.

Here is a pic of me on the start of 125 Schoolboy there in 1984 and you can see that same telephone pole. I'm the only yellow bike, shocker. Pretty sure that's Robin on the KTM.

firstrace.jpg

Reactions: DTS
Awesome thanks for the info guys. When I asked him if he thought it was Amherst he said that sounded right. He really only raced at Smith and Meadowlarks being from North Olmsted.

I asked about the start and class. He said it was definitely a rubber band start and he was racing light weight open class.

Ive got one for you.
PHOTO_crop.jpg

Name THIS track
1977 during a hare scramble
I am #479 on my 1977 RM 100

HINT: The track (not this part, but the one in the background) is STILL used today under a different name than when this pic was taken.

Hey Jimmy B ......long time! As soon as I saw the number I thought it may be you!
Major style points in the Husky pic. Ya got all the goodies from that era. The boots, the pants, the chest protector, the helmet, the long hair coming out the back. Pull up that Carrera strap already.....makes ya look like a goon.
Ya got any Big Bikes or are ya doing the deed on the smaller wheels?
Were you up at Red Bud for the grass race? If so, how'd ya do?

Back