Top Kid Showcase and Monster Vet Challenge at Monster Mountain!

TomB

PR Member
It’s the new tradition Southern fall motocross! It’s the Kawasaki Top Kid Showcase and Bone Collector Vet Challenge!

Last year’s event had 303 entries and this year’s event looks to be even bigger!

So what’s the big deal? What is the Top Kids and the Vet Challenge?

Huge 6' trophies on Sunday, and big dollar money classes all weekend!

Check out the link below to last year’s Top Kids – Vet Challenge event video.

Friday practice: 9am – 3pm. $25

Saturday: We race for cool plaques in not just age and bike specific classes, but most of the mini-bike classes are broken down in to Beginner, Intermediate and Expert classes. For example, 85cc 12-13 Beginner, Intermediate and Expert. Other youth classes and the Vet classes are broken down in to Amateur and Expert classes. For example, 35+ Amateur and 35+ Expert.

This way everyone is competing against riders in their age group, bike size and skill level. So an 85 9-11 rider who is not a true beginner, but who may not be ready to beat a Loretta Lynn competitor can race and podium in the Intermediate class.

Vets can race the amateur classes on Saturday for plaques or for $ in the Expert classes.

Then on Sunday….. Each class runs either in a “Top Kid Showcase” or a “Top Vet Challenge” for 5 – 6’ trophies and the title of “Top Kid” or “Top Vet”!

It’s the best of both worlds, run on one of the best tracks in America and earn sweet awards, huge trophies, great competition – all adds up to big fun!

This race is AMA sanctioned, so everyone will need an AMA membership to practice and/or race.

Gate fee: $10 per day (starting Friday), 6 and under free
Amateur classes: $30
Money classes: $40

Click here to save time and pre-register for the Top Kid Showcase or Monster Vet Challenge!

https://secure.tracksideonlineresults.com/monstermx/

Check out Natalie Simmons’ sweet video from last year’s Top Kid Showcase – Monster Vet Challenge.

Here's the classe structure for the weekend:

We are here now. I love this place!!
Pit and I talked about it.....I will be there next month. Enjoy! Fun place to ride. I wanted to do a race there but never have. Let us know how it turns out. As if we don't already know

Yesterday was interesting. I raced 40 expert and did not have a good day to say the least.first moto felt tight and just did not ride well at all. Second moto, felt better and was doing better until I came over a blind jump to see another rider and his bike lying on the landing. I managed to come out of it with just a sore back, he did not fair so well. They hauled him out and I have not heard any updates. I'm done for the weekend.

Zack raced 12-15 youth expert, schoolboy 1 expert(125) and schoolboy 2 expert (250f). Won his first motos. He just seemed a little off the second half of the day uncharacteristicly making a lot of mistakes. Ended up with 2nd overalls in all three classes.

Today's a new day, we will see how it goes.

Much better day Sunday. Zack won all his motos and just looked sharp all day.

Tom and his son Tommy did a fantastic job. One thing that really impressed me was that not only did they the 6' trophy's but all the trophy's were big. Heck I bet 5th place was still 3'. They are really good people who are willing to go the extra mile to put on a great event. We almost came down for this race last year and an definitely glad we did this year. For those who may be on the fence about coming next year, make the trip. You don't regret it!!!

Thanks for the writeup Jason. Good to hear you're back in the saddle. Everyone who's ever been there knows it's a small piece of moto paradise. We're going to have to make it a group effort next year.

Sweet! Glad to see Zack is holding it down for Ohio. How was the turnout? Seemed pretty slim last year when I was checking the results a few weeks ago.

Not a huge turnout but it is steadily growing. I noticed it seems like not as many locals as you would think. In Zacks one class had only 9 riders but they came from 6 different states. I think it was last year Tom and I were discussing normal local races and the racing scene in Alabama. If I'm not mistaken he said the normal turnout is in the 100-120 range.

Not a huge turnout but it is steadily growing. I noticed it seems like not as many locals as you would think. In Zacks one class had only 9 riders but they came from 6 different states. I think it was last year Tom and I were discussing normal local races and the racing scene in Alabama. If I'm not mistaken he said the normal turnout is in the 100-120 range.

Now did you have to go and do that? Knox is now going to start a thread on how Ohio turnouts compare to other states and how and why we need to improve it more so in Ohio through better track prep, safer tracks and equipment and then John will start the too many classes tangent...geesh! ;)

Yeah, hated that you had an unforntuante get off Saturday Jason. That sucks. Good for Zack though.

I've never been to the track, yet, but would definately like to make the trek at some point some day. Funny that they had more folks from other states in some classes than their own. Well, not some much ha ha funny, but a "wierd" funny...know what I mean Jean? I mean Jason? Anyone?

Glad you made it back to the Buckeye State. Unforntunately you're probabably not going to get in a lot of riding here until next spring/summer...

What would
you guess the lap times are? 3.5 for me I bet. But nice track.
Did you time any laps?

Been there a couple times.....love it. Trying to skip thanksgiving to ride!

I checked the results and very very few riders were from AL.

Ryder Defransisco and some other ll minis were there warming up already

If they would time this race a week or so later it would be a good stop on the way over for the west coast guys heading to Mini O's.

Back