Gobbler Grand Prix Saturday Nov. 1 and Sunday Nov. 2

SBRW

PR Member
GOBBLE GOBBLE It's almost GOBBLER time at Switchback Raceway. GOBBLER Grand Prix update! Bundle up/Gobble up and get ready to have some fun. Schedule below for SATURDAY & SUNDAY this week. Never know what next week will bring weather wise so we are running this weekend. Read everything below for classes,start times etc...

SATURDAY NOV. 1
10am Quad A, B & C
11am 50cc 4-6/7-8, 50cc 4stk&oil injected&mini quad (the...se classes will not run the entire Gobbler course).
12/noon Quad Open xtra and Utility Quad
1pm 65cc, 85cc, Open pit bike/trail bike, junior & youth quad
2pm OPEN BIG BIKE
3pm Side by Side / UTV

SUNDAY NOV. 2
10am - Vet A,B,C - Open Xtra & Dual Sport
11am - 85-150cc Open Mini, 50-65cc open, Open Pit bike/trail bike
12/noon - Open MX A, B, C & D
1pm - Plus 25, Plus 40, Womens, Bomber, Open Mini/Super mini
2pm - Lites A, B, C
3pm - College Boy, School Boy, Open Xtra 2

*Saturday 50cc classes will run a modified track and 30 minute moto*
*Sunday all mini classes run 45 minutes*
*All big bikes run up to 1hr - leader will not get a full hour as all riders must be off the course within that hour*
*SUNDAY - Everyone run entire course, 50cc riders wanting to run the entire course can run Sunday at 11am (see above)*

Gates open at 8am, be early to sign up and on the starting line no later than 10 minutes before schedule start time. Will not wait as races/motos have to start as scheduled.

Everyone will be given a number and they will be colored. All riders must go through their colored marked scoring station to be scored. Know your color and your number your given. Pay attention.

GOBBLER GRAND PRIX is all about fun. Get bundled up, bring your best smile and get ready to RIDE!

Last edited:
Not that it matters to me because I am already committed elsewhere but... The first post is only good for people who know who you are and just want to verify the line up. I didn't see the name of the track or location listed.

Not that it matters to me because I am already committed elsewhere but... The first post is only good for people who know who you are and just want to verify the line up. I didn't see the name of the track or location listed.

Ya, that would help for sure. Thanks!

Switchbackmx.com
724-478-3634 Track line

How is the track looking for tomorrow? A little mud and cold is fine but Pit261 won't go if it's sloppy mud and cold! Then I will need to find someone else to go with me!

Well since Facebook ....ugh.... updates show that the track looks good Pit261 and I are heading over. Maybe even Roachy!

Well since Facebook ....ugh.... updates show that the track looks good Pit261 and I are heading over. Maybe even Roachy!

Sorry for the delay/response. Never get to checking anything on the weekends. Especially this Saturday as we were working the track to dry it up as Saturday was muddy (rain all day/night Friday)and the final drive on our big older D5 dozer snapped do to operater error. Rookies running on extreme off camber and put the dozer in a bind and pow - broken final drive. So we were busy trying to get the dozer out off the track for a good while Saturday night. We were up at the track before light and were able to work everything to dry it up to the point is was so much better than Saturday.
Heck I even took the tractor/tiller in the woods and followed the dozer and Bobcat and tilled the woods. It was slow going in the trails but it made it nice as the quads and utv's had them beat up good. Hope you guys made it out? Decent turn out but it was down for the Gobbler do to the colder temps and all the rain Friday. Fair weather riders missed out as we were able to ge the track to come around nice.
Hepler was gone in the Open A class and still undefeated at the Gobbler with Kevin Basel and Tyler Marting having a great face for 2nd with Basel just beating him. The best racing I saw was between Roy Holt and Ben Ritter they were really having a ball. Amazing how a 100ft mud section really messes with some riders. Plenty tried to go around the main trail/line only to run into even more mud a worse line.
Going to try and get the arena cross track complete this week/weekend as indoor racing starts next weekend. Thanks for those who came out and more should try a GP as they are a ball and I feel the best riding/racing you can get. Relaxed, long moto and you don't have to be at the track real early and or real late if you don't want to be. Thanks again.

Back