Why no fast food sponsorship in MX/SX?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I was on a different forum talking about getting some custom Taco Bell graphics made for my pit bike. Kinda took me back to the glory days of the Peak Antifreeze days. I swear that anytime I'm looking to buy antifreeze for my car-- I look for Peak to this day! It occurred to me that there hasn't been a fast food MX or SX sponsorship that I'm aware of?

I've been done with Monster Energy for awhile now. How cool would it be to have a Taco Bell sponsored team? Burger King even? I don't eat at the Bell a ton as I'm a vegetarian-- sometimes a veggie burrito or tacos here and there. It would be sweet to have a mobile Taco Bell at the nationals! TB MAY be the official fast food of MX! How many times ya stopped and ate there on the way home from a race? --L*64

RCH has Jimmy John's for next year. You would think Subway would sponsor a team. Mainstream sponsors would help the sport

I sense a new, creative avatar from you. As a vegetarian, the "Chunky Beef" can just doesn't seem to fit anymore. And aren't most vegetarians skinny?

Is it legal to be a vegetarian and live in a southern state like South Carolina?

I have traveled in South Carolina with a vegetarian and when he asked if there was something on the menu without meat, grits was what he ate.

oehlhof2.jpg
Subway bike from 2004:

I was on a different forum talking about getting some custom Taco Bell graphics made for my pit bike. Kinda took me back to the glory days of the Peak Antifreeze days. I swear that anytime I'm looking to buy antifreeze for my car-- I look for Peak to this day! It occurred to me that there hasn't been a fast food MX or SX sponsorship that I'm aware of?

I've been done with Monster Energy for awhile now. How cool would it be to have a Taco Bell sponsored team? Burger King even? I don't eat at the Bell a ton as I'm a vegetarian-- sometimes a veggie burrito or tacos here and there. It would be sweet to have a mobile Taco Bell at the nationals! TB MAY be the official fast food of MX! How many times ya stopped and ate there on the way home from a race? --L*64

http://www.procircuit.com/15-peak-retro-graphics-crf250r-14-15-crf450r-13-15.html

there ya go LUCKY

Haha! I can take the heat for being a vegetarian! Those Peak graphics are pretty cool for sure! I kinda think those outside sponsors (like fast food) would definitely help gain interest in the sport. In Europe, MX and road racing aren't too far below soccer in popularity.

Strange how NASCAR is so much more popular than motorcycle racing here, when it's so boring in comparison? It has to be because the sponsors are familiar and accessible to the commoners? Maybe it's because everybody has a car? I dunno? --L*64

Yes and I never stopped there to see what that place was all about....

I still say rc it's is a big advocate for taco bell.

Sonic actually just closed in my town-I think it lasted like 4 years, never went. I was living in Colorado in 88 and I was at work talking about where to go for lunch and I mentioned Jack in the Box, which I had never been to, and the 60 years old guy I worked with said "son, if you go to Jack in the Box just make sure you're sitting on the toilet when you eat it" I did try it at some point and he was not far off plus I could never get that advice out of my head.

Back