Thanks Veterans !

JB_519

PR Addict
Thanks to all fine men and women who serve our country!

image.jpg

Sitting here thinking about Life and MX; a man named Leo came to mind. Haven't thought about this guy for a while.

I was in my late teens most likely.

My Dad was a Chimney Sweep on the side from being a Chef full time. Leo hired my Dad to clean his chimney. He also had a stack of logs he wanted split. So Leo hired me to split them.

He tought me a great lesson. You see...Leo ran away from home as a boy and became a soldier. He described himself as a quiet guy with no trade skills except music. One day they gathered the new recruits together and openly asked if anyone had any skill sets. Leo raised his hand and music became his career in the military. He specifically told me that when opportunity comes...speak up...even if your scared.

Leo has influenced me for the rest of my life. I think about him from time to time. He taught me a lot that day and continues to.

He was a compassionate man and boldly honest. I wouldn't pick a fight with him and was almost 70 and on oxygen.

Leo, among many others (including you) come to mind when I think about why I invest a large portion of my life into Ohio MX. We are not on the battlefields, but we do Stand on the land they gave us. We still have Freedom because of them...well, what is left of it for now! Maybe...I dunno.

Leo helped give me a good reason to try...People. He didn't say so, but you could tell he loved people, and would draw a line in the sand if need be. He stood on the good side of things...He was a good man.

What do we strive for in life?

Being 1 year shy of 30...I feel like I have a clue, but really don't have a clue. Maybe a woman will solve all my problems...the biggest problem being me! ;)

Spiritually...I am absolutely certain.

Thank You Soldiers for Your Shed Blood! Thank You Leo!

Thank You Clint1991

Soldier On! Life is a battle!

Back