Since Scoob asked for it. Ohio guys in the south and other great ideas...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Ohio has always had plenty of riders, its just getting them all in one place has been the problem.
Always like to see Ohio guys racing down south in the winter. It promotes our area (if you finish good) and it may get local guys to look at Ohio for racing in their slow season.
If I am setting in the pits at a local race and I hear the announcer say this kid is from Texas, Florida or some other state, I will go to the fence and watch him. Adds a layer of interest.
Im with the 'Nocker, if this race was timed with the Mini O's it would draw better. Heck, for that matter some other tracks in that area should consider mid week races leading up to the Mini O's. Dirt cars have a Florida swing in the winter where they have a race every day of the week at a different track each day. Im sure if motocrossers had a race each day from December 26th to the 30th, the turnout would be pretty good since most people are off that week anyway.
OK, another great idea from the mind of a genius... How about an Ohio triple header? Memorial day or Labor day weekend have a race at 3 other OMA tracks that don't have a battle race. It would be cool to have a Supercross type track, a man made moto track (Typical Ohio) and a natural terrain track all in one weekend. Call it the Summer Olympics... in a few years it is just known as the Summer O's...
And to think, I just give away these excellent ideas for the betterment of our sport...what a guy I am.

give away these ideas for the betterment of our sport

Good Attitude.

This is the perfect time to speak up.

With winter lay off coming from concrete and no track work...time will be my friend.

By March 1st, PitRacer will have a complete Track Promotion "Manual" available to all track promoters and participants. I don't know if that will be the title, but it works for now.

Basically gonna write a what is, how to, seeing it, doing it and the Reward. These are basic thoughts of context. Maybe cut some or add some...I dunno...gonna be much work and extensive.

Basically gonna pen down all of our knowledge with research based on my employment in Ohio Riding and being an Ohio Rider. It will be all the knowledge needed for a solid race day (MX,HS,GP, Special Events) and then expound on potential and advanced knowledge of track promotion.

Hopefully will have one collaborator on top of PR and myself.

I figure to have one year left of working the tracks and then onto 1-2 years of racing in Vet 30.

We are the purpose.

We submitted requests for contingency to create a 5 race spring series, one race at each current OMA track.......smokes the triple header described above, not from the mind of a genie....but smarter than the average bear not named Yogi.

Well that's good but you may have just slipped. That means no new tracks for next year???
Still like my idea. 3 or 4 races in one weekend would be tons of seat time and a new challenge for everyone

Ever consider a Youth Championship OMA?

Maybe cut the overall Champ for all classes and reduce it to a Youth Champs only...either specific dates spread out...or race 15 races or something (not including Battle races, and max of 3 Saturday night races)...take top ten finishes for champ. Make it special to build the youth. We need them and they need us.

Well that's good but you may have just slipped. That means no new tracks for next year???
Still like my idea. 3 or 4 races in one weekend would be tons of seat time and a new challenge for everyone
Not necessarily, but we have to submit early for contingency, so we have to be conservative. Still actively looking at two new tracks. Maybe it will happen maybe it won't. If it does, then we will have to regroup. Rookies don't get contingency, kidding, that's the way it might have to be. We aren't in a position to tell Honda Yamaha Suzuki, Kawasaki Ktm how it is....

I like the idea of the Summer O's. Although, "Summer OH's" would be a cool name :)

We do need a SX track. Someone please give us one.

We do need a SX track. Someone please give us one.

Yeah, a "safe" one. Preferable no doubles, triples, or quads, without any long staights, rythym sections, or dragon backs. Only singles (small ones) and straghts to where no one can get out of 1st gear (especially on a 450) so no one will get hurt...and have 1 flagger per 10ft of track. I am missing anything? ;)

Should be the grandest of times and be a model for all track builders to use going forward. SX will be so fun to watch on TV then...

Yeah, a "safe" one. Preferable no doubles, triples, or quads, without any long staights, rythym sections, or dragon backs. Only singles (small ones) and straghts to where no one can get out of 1st gear (especially on a 450) so no one will get hurt...and have 1 flagger per 10ft of track. I am missing anything? ;)

Should be the grandest of times and be a model for all track builders to use going forward. SX will be so fun to watch on TV then...
Only easy way to get a supervised supercross track is to mandate a rider get a specific lap time keeping wheels in the ground throughout the whole course. Let . Plessinger lay down a fat lap without jumping and if you can come within ten seconds your good to go.

Back