Arhma schedule 2015

BILL88L

PR Addict
Looks like they have it out:

http://www.ahrma.org/?p=8206

They dropped Clear Fork which I don't find surprising. Toledo was a great event and the one time I went to Unadilla it was well worth it.

Also looks like they are doing the ISDT reunion ride here in OH. I did some checking and the Enduro Riders Association is putting it on. I have done the Baby Burr they do a few times and it is phenomenal-Steve Barber and those guys know how to do it. Might have to put the stock pipe and the sparky on the CR and give it a go. Or wait should I by another bike specific to woods riding...................

But they loved Clear Fork ?
They should publish their honest opinions and evaluations in their magazine.

Clear Fork was fun to ride. I think they didn't go back because they were limited in the ares they could use.Also no water if they would need it. Not bad schedule if u ask me. What I'm waiting for is to see what the AMA is going to do? Run a series or have a National Championship back at Mid-Ohio?

Sorry for the double post. I didn't think I actually sent the first one because it didn't show up for a while. Neither did for a while actually?

Is my 1993 kx125 eligible for any AHRMA classes? Gran Prix seems like a possibility, but the description is very vague.
Definitely looking forward to the ISDT Reunion in McArthur, and Rose City, MI is a great area to ride too.
Thanks!

Is my 1993 kx125 eligible for any AHRMA classes? Gran Prix seems like a possibility, but the description is very vague.

I don't think you could use your '93 KX125 in AHRMA Gran Prix classes.

I have a '92 RM 125 and don't see any AHRMA classes where I could use the '92. I can use the '92 in AMA non-current support classes - but no AMA or AHRMA Post Vintage classes.

I am not an expert on AHRMA class rules but I look at the Gran Prix class as the equivalent of Evo 2 in AMA Post Vintage.

There are not suspension travel limits but no linkage suspensions, no water cooling, etc. To me It is essentially the generation before AHRMA Ultima classes - which I look at as Evo 3. My '79 KX250 would be a AHRMA Gran Prix class bike as I understand the rules.

EVO 2 = Gran Prix
EVO 3 = Ultima

Someone can correct me if I am looking at this incorrectly.​

Disk brakes are the universally consistent cut off point for both AHRMA and AMA that ends eligibility for use in Post Vintage. If it was produced with disk brakes, it is not generally not eligible. There might be an oddball exception.

Another general cut off point is any type of built in power valve. There is an exception for 82-84 Yamaha YZs. They have power valves but are allowed.

I think some local tracks or series may slice and dice their Post Vintage class rules a different way.

I don't know if AHRMA has the equivalent of the non-current classes.

An interesting discussion is how might these class rules change in the future.

It seems to me that as newer bikes are permitted in the AMA non-current classes, now up to 1998 (and like design), that there might be some future division of the non-current class. Perhaps a new post vintage class for the rest of the 80s or something like that.​

I am sure someone can fill in gaps or mistakes I might have made.

Dano762

Thanks for the info. Bike is not yet torn down. I just finished up the Enduro season last week, so that has been the focus. Looking forward to getting the KX done next month

Dano is correct in what he said on the classes. AHRMA does have what they call a "support" class at some events that allow you to ride up to an 86 Honda, 85 KX, etc. but it is up to the promoter as to whether they have them. They are also way more thorough in their inspections on race day. You can go to the link below and open it to around page 74. Cross Country follows the MX classes - rules for that start on 93.

http://www.ahrma.org/?page_id=1715

Not much information on the ISDT at this point but I saw on the one in OK this year they had a corresponding dualsport ride that allowed modern. It also said something about being allowed on Modern is you did both the qualifiers in NY and MI.

If you're an Enduro guy you'd like those cross country events for sure. Easy fix - just buy another bike!

Just getting back into vintage racing after a few years off.. Was a bit disappointed that there was only the Delta race near by, which will probably be the only ARHMA race I run. Waiting now to see what the AMA Vintage schedule has in store for 2015.

I sure don't want the AMA doesn't drop the series.

As I read MXKid's only 1 Ohio race comment my first thought was that Action Sports might not host another vintage race in 2015.

When we were at the pre-race meeting at the Athen's race last June, they said how disappointed they were in the turn out and hinted that they wouldn't keep doing this for such a low turnout.

Hoping that Action Sport does run an AMA vintage race in 2015, it is my favorite track.

I haven't looked it up yet, but I believe Kip Bigelow is the MX Manager for the AMA or used to be. Let me see if I can make contact with Kip. It may be early yet for their schedules, we'll see. I agree, hopefully they'll continue with the series. I understand they need entries for it to make sense, but they couldn't expect the first year to fill gates.

I haven't looked it up yet, but I believe Kip Bigelow is the MX Manager for the AMA or used to be. Let me see if I can make contact with Kip. It may be early yet for their schedules, we'll see. I agree, hopefully they'll continue with the series. I understand they need entries for it to make sense, but they couldn't expect the first year to fill gates.
This was the second year.last year 5 races,7 this year.

Ahhh.. Thanks for clearing that up.. I dropped a note to Kip, lets see what's in the works, if anything.

A group of us talked to Alex about this at the last 2 rounds. What they would really like to see is for some of the regional series they have in the Midwest, MI, Southeast, etc. run AMA backed spring series, like 3 races, that would culminate at Mid Ohio with all coming together for the championship. If the interest was there they would also like to have a fall series of some type. Of course the Ohio/KY region would need to get 3 tracks on board. They actually chimed in on the facebook page about this recently asking for what tracks people would like to see. https://www.facebook.com/AMAVintageNationals

He was also talking about adding a class for say the 84/85-89 era. The NC class they had this year actually had some of the bigger gates and many were new riders and all of them I know would be back next year for sure.

The way I understand it they really would like to see this happen in some fashion but part of that is encouraging the promoters/track owners to agree to put them on. I was at all but one of the AMA's this year and I can appreciate their concerns based on turnout. I do however think there was some gain in momentum with the NC current class and I can see that getting only better if they made that class less broad and had one for between EVO3 and it. There was nobody on a pre 90 bike in that class and man would I like to race an 88 CR250 again.

I can tell there is some support for this here on PItracer and I really think the turnout would be far better if the distance you have to travel wasn't so great to the race. I personally think that hurt this year.

MXkid is right Alex did say it might just have to get to a program of Mid-OH if we can't support it and or get people on board. I hope that doesn't happen because that is my least favorite track.

AMA - if you are reading this we are hoping to work something out on this. If we are going to have more lets maybe stay away from Ahrma weekends?

Back