When is enough to much????

I al
Mr. Lilly, it's not a family thing until you get wife and daughter involved. Get them to the track and then as a family you decide if it's worth it. Yeah. I've watched a lot of people put absolutely everything they own in to motocross and I would never consider that "stupid" because it's not my place to judge. We have lifetime memories... And lifetime injuries. No regrets? I might not be the one to ask.
I always wonder that. We all say we are aware of the risks. Then it happens. Do we feel the same ?

Anyone of us could have life altering injuries. It's hard to have an opinion if you're only on one side of the fence...

Is it coming up to 10 years since jimmy was hurt ? I'm not trying to Ruffe feathers. I do respect your opinions on pitracer, but I never can actually tell what the opinion is. I sometimes think I sort of know...but then again I think I have no idea.

I al

I always wonder that. We all say we are aware of the risks. Then it happens. Do we feel the same ?

Anyone of us could have life altering injuries. It's hard to have an opinion if you're only on one side of the fence...

Is it coming up to 10 years since jimmy was hurt ? I'm not trying to Ruffe feathers. I do respect your opinions on pitracer, but I never can actually tell what the opinion is. I sometimes think I sort of know...but then again I think I have no idea.

I don't think you can actually say your ok/ aware of the risks till they actually happen. No, im not talking about a broken finger, or a mild concussion. Im talking big stuff, brain injuries, paralysis, big time surgeries, internal injuries.. The pain, time off from the job/ being let go, hospital bills, lifelong pain, relying on others, etc etc, to some it may be worth it.. To me it isn't. It took one time for me to learn a hobby isn't worth a life long feeling of pain, or having to rely on others. Motocross gave me some of the best memories of my life with my dad and friends, and I wouldn't take them back. Looking back I risked a lot, we all do, but I was a kid without any real responsibilities... I look at all I have now and my daughter and think about them first... Once I did that, it all went for sale, there are just more important things in life then dirtbikes ( you couldn't tell me that then .) But would I take back the surgeries, broken bones, concussions? No. As I said, some of the best memories I have with my dad are at the track, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.... I have a PW50 sitting in the garage for my daughter... If she takes an interest, then ill hop back on the train as a moto dad.. if she doesn't I wont push and that will have a for sale sign on it as well... So yes, serious injuries DO change the way of thinking once they happen.. In my opinion.

I al

Yeah. 10 years. Could have been a lot worse?? Christy's still racing and she knows the risks. I sure don't have any answers. lol.

Back