Government regulation of the internet:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
INTERNET FOR ALL! It will be fair, giving everyone access, It's going to make internet cheaper. You'll be able to keep your internet provider (plan) if you like it. Those evil companies won't be able to throttle down your speed. Those evil companies won't be able to deny you for your pre-existing conditions....You can keep your doctor! Oh wait....no......doesn't this all sound soooo familiar??!?!?!?! HEALTHCARE FOR ALL--I mean internet...Internet for all! HEEELLLLOOO?!!!?!??!

Does this make sense, or not really? I've drawn this up myself based on my conclusions from how much my health insurance premiums have went up since the great AHA was passed into law. The squiggle represents the free market affecting cost before it gets too far to the right.

govtTheorom.jpg

Last edited:
They've done such a fine job with a single website that still doesn't work, and for slightly less than a billion dollars, that I would trust them to bring down costs and improve operation of ALL websites. I'm sure it would expand fairness like in other agencies, such as the IRS. After all, what do we truly have to fear? The US Constitution protects us from individuals becoming too powerful and getting out of control. What's that? It was destroyed in an arson fire last night on Spanish television? Oh crap!

I hate the cable companies as much as the next guy, but if the government regulates it the price is going to double for us, but millions of other people will get it free. Like heat and electricity.

Back