1984 Suzuki rm500

never rode an RM but had a TM 400, I thing it was early 70s that my dad bought new from cycle city..he rode in around the yard a handfull of times and it sat in the garage. He gave it to me around 1979 or 80. That bike was a brute. point and shoot front wheel in the sky..good times..

That is right up Vet261's alley!

He had mucho holeshots on his RM465 before he sold it.....

Bike actually looks decent.
I'm surprised that the Open class, and Open class bikes don't get more attention considering the popularity of that racing class back in the day?

NQ, Back in the 80's and 90's the local open class was sort of the slow guys class. I always did better in the open than the vet class anyway. Unless my open bike tried to hurt me. o_O

SOLD. Told a friend about it that I got started in pv racing this fall.I let him ride one of my maicos and got him hooked! They said it looks real good.

SOLD. Told a friend about it that I got started in pv racing this fall.I let him ride one of my maicos and got him hooked! They said it looks real good.

A close friend to your friend is a coworker of mine (Aaron), and he's been yacking in my ear almost daily about racing PV bikes now that your buddy is into it. Aaron's a hardcore GNCC quad racer. But it's got him thinking bikes now too.

A close friend to your friend is a coworker of mine (Aaron), and he's been yacking in my ear almost daily about racing PV bikes now that your buddy is into it. Aaron's a hardcore GNCC quad racer. But it's got him thinking bikes now too.
Yes NQ there alot of guys out there that really dont know about vintage racing,we need to reach out and find these people and even let them ride one of our spare bikes to let them try it before they spend money to see if they like it.This will be three now that ive got hooked on it !!

You are correct that there are tons of guys who have been out of the sport for decades and don't know about vintage racing . Lately I've been wearing some of my Metro Racing vintage shirts when we go out . Invariably I'll see a guy with a big goofy grin heading toward me to ask where I got the shirt or how long I've had it ( thinking from back-in-the-day ) . They start talking about the Husky , Penton , Maico , Bultaco , etc. they had and are floored when I describe vintage racing today . Don't know if this prompted any of them to get involved but I hope it did .

Oh man did I love my RM465. That thing was the ultimate holeshot weapon. Not because it was a rocket, it actually only made like 40HP. But the torque of the big bore combined with the long gears made it simply put every HP right into the dirt with no wheelspin.

Sorta glad I didn't see this until it was gone, I kinda want one again.

See how this sickness works? Now I'm spending time looking at pics and videos and I want my RM465 back!!!

IMG_3441_resize.JPG

Reactions: DTS
Back