Tire changing stands

hershey

PR Elite
I think Im going to break down and get one this year, recommendations???

I like the idea of one with a bead breaker on it. This damn RMZ I have seems to love the tires and not want to let them go!

The Motion Pro bead breaker is awesome. Small enough to carry in my fanny pack too.
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0519/

Add a set of shorty Ti irons and I don't really care where I am or what else I have, I can
change a tire.

I may have said this before - does not apply to ice racing tires. But slicks to wets to
hardpack knobs to sand tires to intermediates to anything else I've ever swapped,
the MP bead breaker and Ti irons is enough. Bandages required for ice racing tires.

I had one of those tire changers from harbor freight that was supposed to work like the 1s used for auto tires it worked up to a point but wasn't that great,ended up tossing it a few years ago

Bead breaking has never been as much of an issue for me as much as getting the new tires to properly bead up evenly all the way around the rim when airing up. I always clean and wire brush up the rims real well before hand and use soapy water, but it's still a struggle at times. New tires are amazingly tough and stiff.

Valve stem pulling tool is the only tool I can't live without.

I love the valve stem tool!!!

The bead on the rear wheel of my RMZ is impossible. Everyone that has helped me with it says the same thing as you guys, its not bad let me get it. Guess what.....cant get it. At home I have to put the tire in a vise and clamp it tight and move the tire back and forth in 3 spots before I can break the bead down. It must be the combination of the Bridgestone tire and DNA wheel. Its the only one I have an issue with.

I love the valve stem tool!!!

The bead on the rear wheel of my RMZ is impossible. Everyone that has helped me with it says the same thing as you guys, its not bad let me get it. Guess what.....cant get it. At home I have to put the tire in a vise and clamp it tight and move the tire back and forth in 3 spots before I can break the bead down. It must be the combination of the Bridgestone tire and DNA wheel. Its the only one I have an issue with.

Get the Motion Pro breaker
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0519/

Really. It's simple and it even works on roadrace slicks which are harder to break the bead
on than anything else I've ever seen.

I have an excel pro wheel. It takes about 50#s to pop on the bead over the little rib on the rim. You deffinately need a bead breaker to get it off the rim, but you can run it flat for an hour without it rolling off the rim. It's good for off road.

Back