1989 Florida Winter Series

John250

PR Founding Father
Found this over on Vital MX. Even CK1, Chris Knox was on the points sheet in the 500 pro class. Saw Greg Rand, listed in 65 and 85s with the likes of Ricky Charmichael. Those that never saw Rand on small bikes, man he was fast back in the day!

Winter AM.jpg

Winter AM 2.jpg

Wow.. that's pretty awesome.. loracco, dowd, kdub, earl may.. funny to see all those guys already as A riders when all those other future pros were on 60s and 80s.. earl mays name on there is impressive to me..

I've been either lucky enough, or unlucky enough to race Earl May in Florida. The guy is still fast as hell. But all he does is ride! I know the one year, we were heading back home to go to work.....and Mr May was headed directly to Texas to race a couple more weeks. So when all you do is ride, it is probably much easier to be fast and in shape.

aah, to be in high school again and driving back and forth to florida each weekend. I dont remember much from that series but it rained like 5 inches the night before Cocoa beach and the track was perfect.
They had both 500A and 500 Pro classes. Man, those were the days

Back