Anyone Remember the Cleveland Supermoto?

Vet261

PR Addict
I think this only happened once, like 2005 or something. Supermoto race just outside Downtown Cleveland.

sm1.JPG
sm2.jpg
sm3.JPG
sm4.JPG
sm5.jpg

Damn, what is it that the pavement guys ALWAYS get the hot umbrella girls? Seriously is JO wants to step up his program at BC for the Battle in 2015.........He heeds to hire 40 HOT umbrella girls.

I went to the one in downtown Columbus that same year. McGrath and Jeff Ward were teammates. I think Mark Burkhart was running well in the series too. Cool series.

I won the sportbike class Sunday. They tried to make me hold a RedPud on the podium and I
kept setting it behind me. Fun track but could have used more dirt.

I was there. Saw sturd racing the XR600, Vet261 and Alphado were taking photo's.

Best part for me was riding the Demo KTM Supermoto bikes on the timed course. I even set fast time! They had a big board with everyone's times on it so you could keep track of your buddy's times as well. I know Rocket Robin's dad had fun on that course as well. Good times.

Too bad it was a one and done deal. Really good racing.

Supermoto has got to be one of the coolest forms of motor racing. Somehow it faded as quickly as it came. I've been on a track with Mark Burkhart before, and watching the guy ride was poetry in motion to say the least. I wish it would come back. --L*64

Never tried it, I street raced crotch rockets for years untill I lost my licence and loved pavement. I just dont think I'd feel right riding a dirt scooter on pavement but I'd give it a try.

Never tried it, I street raced crotch rockets for years untill I lost my licence and loved pavement. I just dont think I'd feel right riding a dirt scooter on pavement but I'd give it a try.

From what I hear it's real sticky. Traction for days.

From what I hear it's real sticky. Traction for days.
They look to be running the same compond slicks as as street bikes, I just wonder how handling would compare. I don't immagine it could compare to a bike designed solely around that purpose but I'd love to try it.

Those are some legit photos sturd...!
Way to scrape the knees!
I can see you hiding the RedBull....LOL!

Still thought I was a roadracer back then I guess.

Traction at these is pretty dang good but closer to dirt track than roadracing.
If you know what "dusty slick" means, that's what the track typically feels like.

I think they still run at Beaverun (or whatever it's called now) and the sport
bike class requires buying a pair of tires and that's it. As a matter of fact,
that's all you're allowed to change. No worries until the front brake starts to
glow then you'll be wishing you had a real supermoto bike.

By the way, you can sorta see the RedSpew hiding in my right hand, turned backwards
so nobody could see it. But they eventually made me hold it. Note the other two guys were
somehow convinced (tits can do that) to hold the RedCrap up in spite of the fact that
we paid THEM, not the other way around.

By the way, you can sorta see the RedSpew hiding in my right hand, turned backwards
so nobody could see it. But they eventually made me hold it. Note the other two guys were
somehow convinced (tits can do that) to hold the RedCrap up in spite of the fact that
we paid THEM, not the other way around.
Always stirring the pot! Haha nice work! Stick it to the man!

Back