Need advice, best tracks to ride in the south???

john lilly

PR Addict
I need some advice, I am looking to head south a couple time this year and would "prefer to take 3 day trips" to a maximum of 5 day trips. I would like to get some input from those of you that have ridden the southern tracks. I would like to know the quality of prep, design of jumps and track, number of tracks at each facility, type of dirt or sand, if they have nice facilities, and if they have cabins on site or near by safe hotels. Some things to keep in mind is, my son currently rides a small wheel 85, he is a decent rider but I am not looking for the biggest jumps that only 450's can handle, I want the tracks to be, to some degree designed for amateurs not just pro's. Some of the tracks that I am interested in are MX421, NCMP, Monster Mountain, HRD and Club MX. I am interested in any and all tracks but due to my time constraints the closer the better. I appreciate any and all input. Also, are the tracks requiring a membership or is it just pay and ride?

Last edited:
club Mx is one of the best prepped tracks around and the soil there is amazing. I had a blast when I rode there, all the tracks just flow really well and the jumps are safe (a lot are just big table tops) and Monster is sick, good dirt, good design and elevation, and the sand track there is awesome too. Jumps aren't (too) technical

Mx 421 was real good. Super deep ruts and really good prep. I think they had a small track geared towards 85s too. Ncmp was really cool. Tons of riding, had something for everyone in our group of 6. Monster is my favorite mx track Ive ever rode. Wish it was closer. Cant wait to get back down south for some winter riding!

WW Ranch, Coyote Mud Bog Park, Bithlo, All in Florida. Nice tracks with flow and easier jumps. Coyote has 3 tracks for 3 levels and like WW, has hook ups. Then you have Hog Heaven on the way down in NC.

Ncmp is great. 3 tracks. Has some elevation. One of the tracks is a tame supercross setup. You and your kid will love it.
Mx421 is awesome, ruts up deep a lot, may be difficult on an 80, I was only there once though.
HRD is a blast. Definitely a sand track, but regular tires are fine. They just redesigned it and I haven't been back yet. 2 tracks- you'll both have fun.
TNT has mixed reviews but I love it. 3 tracks, lots of trails.
Eastbend was pretty fun. Pretty flat. Safe jumps. I wouldn't drive down just for this track, but it's worth the stop if you are hitting more than one track.

All of these are an easy 3 day weekend trip. I'm a hotel guy and kinda just grab hotels in route to the next destination, no big hassles there.
Clubmx main training facility only has open practice like once a year, however they just opened up a year round practice track right down the road, might be worth the drive but I'd be pretty bummed being right next to the main tracks and not being able to ride em.

Some tracks do require temporary memberships for like $10. I forget which ones, but plan on like $30 a track.

John Lilly, we are planning a trip to hog heaven mx the first weekend in January, leaving Friday the 2nd, riding 3-4th, and driving back Monday the 5th weather pending, track is sand and looks like a blast. Track has a multitude of options and big jumps are very safe to roll/jump short, perfect for your son. Track over is awesome and very excited to have us, 25 bucks to ride no member fees, plans to be open like 11-4ish sat and sunday, track is prepped each day he is open, at least jump faces are refreshed, hit me up if you want to go I have info and numbers for track and cabin we are staying at, have a good crew going already and the drive is about 9.5-10hrs from LaGrange.

John Lilly, we are planning a trip to hog heaven mx the first weekend in January, leaving Friday the 2nd, riding 3-4th, and driving back Monday the 5th weather pending, track is sand and looks like a blast. Track has a multitude of options and big jumps are very safe to roll/jump short, perfect for your son. Track over is awesome and very excited to have us, 25 bucks to ride no member fees, plans to be open like 11-4ish sat and sunday, track is prepped each day he is open, at least jump faces are refreshed, hit me up if you want to go I have info and numbers for track and cabin we are staying at, have a good crew going already and the drive is about 9.5-10hrs from LaGrange.
I have had others say that hog heaven is awesome. I will keep your offer in mind and thanks for all your information!!!!

Back