New track in NJ called Field of Dreams

MSM69Z28

PR Member
Just came across this. Looks pretty cool. About 8hrs from Columbus, but near the shore so could probably talk mom and daughter into spending time at the beach while my boy and I ride.

I suggest someone adds it to the track guide. I apparently don't have rights.

http://www.njmpfod.com

Not a video of me. Just found a go pro on youtube.

I raced at a track in PA D-5 before named Field of Dreams. Only outdoor MX track I've ever ridden that had an over/under bridge setup!

I guess I wasn't really counting the bridge at Kenworthy's that I walked my bike under to get to the gate......

Dirt Country had an over / under for decades...

That facility looks nice. Once they get some pretty green grass it will make it look much better. Then post signs that say "stay off the grass" right J.O.
Im not crazy about the name.. Field of Dreams does not sound like a track. Marketing the name may have some issues as well. Nevertheless, cool to see a new track.

I saw the facility from the air the other day, looks nice. Is right near the Millville airport and adjacent to the NJ Motor Speedway. Noise shouldn't be an issue.

Name is appropriate, getting a new track in NJ would be a dream. I heard about this one when I got here 5 years ago, it's been open a little over a year if memory serves. Another one in central NJ has been working at it for a couple years and is still in the meeting/hearing phase.

This is probably 1-1.5 hours from the closest "shore" area, but getting out to it wouldn't be as tough as getting back to your base at the beach. There may be some I'm not familiar with south of Millville, but I've not seen the housing/towns/beach areas down that way that exist from Cape May north along the east coast. Englishtown is north a couple hours, Blue Diamond is south in Delaware within 1.5 hours. Also, if you come late June thru late August, be ready to ride in 85-100 degrees, although not always bad humidity. September still has some 80s, all the way to October.

Track looks very cool, with great dirt (no rocks).

JO, check out the caution light system on all the jumps. We were just talking about this on another thread. wonder how they control all theirs.

I added this track. Thanks for the info:

http://pitracer.com/trackguide/track.cgi?State=NJ&Track=374

Everyone should have rights to add and update. Sharing information is the key to our guide. Did you get an error message? Were you using a computer or mobile device? Here's the add link. Feel free to add a fake track. We can delete it.

http://pitracer.com/trackguide/add.cgi

The link works for me. It must have been something I did wrong first try. Thanks.

Michael

Track has some rocks. I have been down before it was opened and got a personal tour. It is at the Millville Motorsports Complex, kinda like Mid-Ohio. It's NJ only other MX track. Expensive to practice there, but so is Englishtown. Typical Jersey sand. When wet, it would get rough. Texture is kinda like Millville, as some are familiar with that venue...

Don't be fooled....Those are some big jumps, but they are nicely rounded.

We may have a MastersMX race next year there. They along with Englishtown want one at their venue. Lots of things shaking down, as a couple of our normal tracks are having trouble. AMA is being strict this year to past promoters.

Track looks very cool, with great dirt (no rocks).

JO, check out the caution light system on all the jumps. We were just talking about this on another thread. wonder how they control all theirs.

I saw that called out, I didn't see a central tower, I am curious too.

Nevermind saw it in the helmetcam.....

Back