somebodies porty potty going to Mars

Do these fellows look like ice racers?
10858565_10204062900906637_3246984941632589784_n.jpg

This is another one of my hobbies and I manufacture the recovery systems (Not this gimmick though) for many projects this size. I prefer to fly real rockets instead and here is couple of my larger ones. I'm 6'2" for scale size.
DSC00146-1.jpg
DSC00017.JPG

006.jpg

008-1.jpg

If you ever flew model rockets that is a "C" motor next to a "M" class motor case.
Tomahawk018.jpg

A few of the parachute/recovery systems I make.
DSC00151.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00146.JPG

On board video from one of my rockets.

Man, the stuff you forget as you get older.
My brother and next door neighbor were big into Estes Rockets when we were teenagers.

It's really a wonder that one of us didn't get hurt with some of the modifications, experiments and contraptions that they came up with. And what was cool was that the neighbors didn't mind at all and would come over and watch us launch off.

It really is a pretty good hobby for the kids. Rockets and model car building gave us something to preoccupy some of our time during summer break and winter snow days.

Neat post. Now I'm anxious to get home and watch the videos you posted.

Looks like 1foxracing has the real deal!

Too typical from that state up north...

But given our space program's current trajectory, we could soon hear from NASA,
" t-minus, 2, 1, port-a-potty, your lid is down, your door is latched and you have a go!"

Cool stuff! Looks like maybe you're constrained in altitude by regulations ?? Motor that big should put out some
impulse. How high you getting with the rocket in the video?

And yes, those do look like ice racer Yoopers.

Here in Ohio we are restricted to 18,000'. Out in the Nevada Black Rock desert we can go 300,000' My on-board video flight went around 3,000. You can't just go and fly these in your backyard either, need a FAA waiver. Up until a few years ago you needed to have federal explosives permit to possess the rocket motors, that law went away and they are easy to obtain now but you still need to be certified through 1 of 2 national organizations to purchase them.
If anyone or their kids is interested in high powered rocketry my office is on the Barberton/Akron border and you can stop by for the dime tour, have some cool stuff like 3 axis CNC, laser cutter, etc..

Back