masters of mx series

yamaha81

PR Member
hi. i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the year end series awards. we were thinking of maybe trying this series in 2015 and im having trouble finding info on like what kind of paybacks do the A classes get at the end of the year. and B classes also. i couldnt find it on their website. last year we did a coulpe of the rounds at tomahawk and had fun. the turn out is pretty good in the vet classes.i think 50+ might of had the most lol.just looking to try something new. thanks

It's been about 4 years but from memory the series would pay back a % of the entry fees. A class paid a higher percentage than B but not sure if C paid anything. You also have to pay a "membership fee" to have your series points recorded to be eligible for year end awards. You can contact Tim Titcomb at mastersmx@verizon.net he is very helpful.

MASTERS MX 2015 SCHEDULE (9 events)

It may be a little later than hoped, but it's all good ! We've got a number of changes that are designed to grow our program while keeping our racing fun and on its original track (More Time On The Track, Less Time At The Track). Some of the most exciting changes are the several new classes and splits: 25+B 40+C 50+C 55+A 55+B and Beginner 150/110/Big Wheel 85. Making room for everyone as best we can, and at the same time reorganizing the class combination the race order schedule at the bottom of this announcement to better align skill levels.

So, without further delay, here's what our 2015 season holds in store.The 2015 Masters MX application is attached. Let the games begin.

I'm pleased to announce that we've been invited back to all of our 2014 tracks and that we have the opportunity to slightly expand our program to 9 events in 2015 with a second event at Happy Ramblers. Aside from the obvious benefit of having another race to race, the number of riders and the number of events work together to drive the size of our year-end trophy and payout package. Don't worry; we're not heading into double-digit race schedules, and we will continue to have one race event drop in 2015 for that one you just can't make.

·Apr 12 Budds Creek **SUNDAY**

·Apr 18 Happy Ramblers

·May 9 Tomahawk

·May 16 Speed Citi

·May 30 Budds Creek

·Jun 20 Tomahawk

·Aug 22 Tomahawk

·Sep 19 or 20 Speed Citi **SATURDAY or SUNDAY TBD**

·Oct 3 Happy Ramblers

** All dates except 4/18 Happy Ramblers and 9/19-9/20 are joint Masters MX / AHRMA events

MASTERS MX ENTRY FEES $35 entry per class in 2015

We have run for the past 8 seasons with a $30 entry fee per class at our events. If you've tracked your own expenses over that time period, you know well that the cost of life hasn't gone anywhere but up. Same thing goes for track operation expenses. We've kept our program tight (long moto's, short days) by not adding a bunch of additional motos(youth classes), and that has also resulted in a relatively slow growth curve for our events. Our promoters have gone the extra mile year after year to make our events top-notch even though we're not pulling in 400+ riders at every event. It's time for us to help out their bottom lines a little bit more in 2015 with a $5 increase.

MASTERS MX 2015 CLASSES New class additions/changes marked in red

·25+B

·30+A 30+B 30+C

·35+A 35+B

·40+A 40+B 40+C

·45+A 45+B

·50+A 50+B 50+C

·55+A 55+B

·60+

·Open A Open B Open C

·250B 250C

·Unlimited B/C

·Women

·Beginner Full Size Beginner 110/150/Big Wheel 85

** Still 14 moto standard format at each event; can vary for special cases

There will no-doubt be a lot of questions around the new C classes in 40+ and 50+, and the 55+ split between A and B. Do the best you can to properly classify yourself, and if your past results say something different, I'll congratulate you on your promotion. This is all about keeping competition close, and the only thing that you really don't want to have happen is to go out in 2015 and clearly be above the rest of the class skill-wise. That will get you the mid-season promotion (or even between moto's if blatant enough), which blows any chance you have for points in the class you should have signed up for.

MASTERS MX 2015 RACE ORDERS New class additions/changes marked in red

aW1hZ2UwMDIuanBnQDAxRDAxQTlDLjQ1NTkzOTQw;jsessionid=3130B6C9C20F938CBDC2A41EA4702487-n1.lxa13a

Tim Titcomb

Masters Motocross

about $12,000 plus some awards
A's get a good chunk, with some overall A winners taking nearly $1000 home, among other prizes.

8 guys participated at Loretta Lynn's in the 50 class that participated at Masters at one point or another. Most didn't do the series, but came for the competition. Two of the guys are past winners at Loretta's. One is current champ. 50+ A is stacked with over 40 guys sometimes.
50 and 40 classes needed to be broken into A , B and C this year. This is a picture of the 50+ A and B class (stagger) at Budd's Creek. The other picture is a poster I made up and handed out after I got about 15 guys to sign 20 posters at Speed Citi. It's the 50 A class, like only half the gate

Back