Bubba banned for 2015.

I disagree with the punishment for sure. Maybe take him out of the championship points the year he was tested. Or make him sit out races the rest of the tested season.
To take him out of the following season for something that could possibly have been an oversight in medication(possibly) is just to much. Did he even win the Seattle round where he tested positive?

Obviously they are making an example out of him for it. I do believe he was taking them for performance enhancement, and not for any ADD or anything. Seems a little harsh, but maybe there is much more to the story than we know anyway.

Bubba is officially done. He will probably never win another race or championship.

Seems like a fair penalty for the offence, could have been up to 2 years for a first offence. I don’t think 8 months will cause his retirement, he can train and win the last two outdoor races in 2015. The process took way to long. My guess is that his brother was also on the same “medication” and missed a number of races due to “dehydration”, better described and flushing the drugs out of his system.

Maybe he will go back to filming Bubbas World, or he can go free ride with Hansen 100...Oh wait, even he is racing this year. Maybe he will head to Jersey and hook up with JLaw and run some clinics and what not.

Either way, these people that say they are not watching SX or boycotting going to races are idiots. So if Bubba crashed out of the first race, they would stop watching for the remainder of the year? This seasons 450 class may be one of the most competitive 450 classes we have seen in SX in a long long time.

A problem anyone on here will never have. Not the biggest Bubba fan but do respect his talent as he is is very fast and usually a little or a lot out of control but will admit I miss his 125 days as he was on it back then! Lots of fast fresh talent so say his glory days are a thing of the past.

The relationship between the AMA and the FIM just got fractured. I can see this bringing big changes for this year and beyond. There are a lot of problems with how this decision was made and how it was announced for sure. Regardless of whether you are a JS7 fan or not, this was the most bush league situation I've ever seen play out in professional sport.

Back