PR User Titles Tweaked

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
We've tweaked the user titles around here. PR Senior Member is now renamed to PR Elite. PR Founding Father has been expanded to contain the actual users responsible for building this community way back when. To understand more read on...

Your user title is displayed in your profile right under your avatar. If you just signed up on PitRacer you're probably still a Noob. If you've signed up and gotten involved in any way you've probably reached PR Member status. The next level is PR Addict where these guys are on every day interacting and contributing.
Then there's the upper level where only a select few have achieved. It used to be labeled PR Senior Member but this implies it's also a vet rider which wasn't always the case so we've relabeled this PR Elite. These users have thousands of posts, have built tracks, promoted events, have been around for years and are most likely the reason you're able to ride a motocross bike anywhere around here.

The very top level used to be called PR Founding Father. This name suggested these users were involved from the very beginning but it was flawed because our data didn't go back that far so it was only based on number of posts. The problem was there were users who didn't post as much but were involved and committed from the beginning. Pit sent me the original database from 2001 which lead to some interesting discoveries (unfortunately there's no data before 2001. The actual start date was somewhere around 1998). There were 789 users back in 2001. I've gone through each by hand and come up with what seems to be a real list of founding fathers. These guys were around in 2001 building what is here now but the interesting fact I found is most are still around, still contributing. You know most of these guys by name and avatar but some have quietly sneaked by.

I still have hundreds of original users from 2001 that I couldn't match up to an existing user. If your user title doesn't reflect the hours and dedication you've put in please let me know and we'll make it right. We can help honor this sport by honoring the people who put in the work.

In summary, if you see a guy with one of these special titles be sure to thank them for having a place to post and for having a place to ride. Most likely they were directly or indirectly responsible for both.

Message me some old email addresses Bill. We can match you up that way. There are a couple Bill's with no last name. A bunch with no name at all.

Love the logic behind these types of things PR is doing.
Thank You Founding Fathers!

What is the new name for Founding Fathers?

Thanks Truth. This group is still labeled PR Founding Fathers but we added about 20 additional users who were active in the 2001 database and have remained active throughout the years. In a nutshell there are about 30 users on here who paved the way for motocross to flourish in this region.

Its funny, cuz you mentioned that FF's helped pave the way. While that may be pretty accurate, I also look at it kinda like this...

Without Pitracer, I probably wouldn't have stayed nearly as connected to the sport. So for me, no thanks needed. The thanks goes to the man who started this addictive forum, and the man who keeps evolving this forum. Its this forums fault I've stayed addicted to moto for so long, so thanks!

The value of this sight is immeasurable.

I've told this story once or twice before, but worth telling again. Before being told about the sight I was scratching for riding information wherever I could get it, for a couple of years. We were constantly seeking out places to ride, and people to ride with. Then people would make mentions to me that they saw some guys riding at this place, or another, and I was like "Man....how come this information is so difficult to get?

Then one day following up a lead on some guys riding at a gravel pit in Newark, (later to become Dry Creek MX), I asked a guy how they found out about these riding places and he told me about Pitracer.

Looked it up that night..............FINALLY ! There is a community out there.
Hardly a day has went by since then that I'm not at least reading for updates.

Thanks for everybody's work to keep it going.

I can't tell you how many people I come across in Ohio that don't know about pitracer. I used to yap about it all the time when announcing. It's a resource that may be unknowingly taken for granted in the wake of today.

I can't tell you how many people I come across in Ohio that don't know about pitracer. I used to yap about it all the time when announcing. It's a resource that may be unknowingly taken for granted in the wake of today.

I was surprised at this too...I have taken a hand count at several Rider's Meetings in the past couple years and less than half raised their hand.

Back