CRA Summit Indoor MX Jan. 8,9,10

SummitIndoorMX

PR Member
Hello Motocross Fans!

The time is here again for the 21st year in row. We welcome you to come join us for the long established CRA Summit Indoor MX at Summit County Fairgrounds. This race offers the chance to warm up for the outdoors, and get off the couch with some grass roots racing; and a family atmosphere. The racing is always exciting to watch with close, competitive racing; indoors breeds some intense racing. The long time Summit Crew is still in place, so you can expect a smooth and fun program. We have some exciting things planned along with the racing, and some of the most exciting Pit Bike Racing Ohio has to offer.

Please visit WWW.SUMMITINDOORMX.COM for all general interests including Pit Bike Racing.

ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT DISCOUNT!

Get your 2015 CRA Membership at Summit.

Saturday will be a 4ft. Trophy Race for all Classes - Thank You Kames Sports!!!

Pro Payout - 14 Rider Main Friday & Saturday

1. $500
2. $350
3. $300
4. $200
5. $150
6. $100
7. $75
8. $75
9. $50
10. $50

*Must have 14 Pro's for this payout structure

We will also be offering a "first come first serve" RC Car Race on Saturday the 10th. Racers are expected to be ready to race at 6pm before the night show.

RC Car Race Classes
- Open Pro (20 Entries Max)
- Open Amatuer (20 Entries Max)
More Details to come for the RC Car Race.

Awesome give-aways will thrown to the crowd during the intermission of the Saturday Night Program!!!

Summit Event Hoodies and Beanies will be available for purchase.

We will have some music and video's playing as usual.

Thank You to Kames Sports, Tucker Rocky, Bair's Polaris/Victory/Indian, Wiseco Performance, Roricks Inc, Contractor's Unlimited, Secondhand Treasures.

Ohio Moto-Sports will have trackside parts and service available along with suspension companies such as Coppersmith Ohlins and Pro Action!

If any Vendors are interested in attending the event, please use contact information available on the website.

Last edited:
Contact me for announcing if needed, probably my favorite event to announce with the speaker system and incredible views.

Tim - We love the Ohio Trike Crew! Still have the coffee mug! :)

Baker - Will hopefully know what's going on in that department tomorrow 100%, but thank you for offering.

Saplakc - Yes Sir! But when those garage doors go up the temp does go down noticeably. Everyone will wanna dress warm.

When you say noticeably are you talking same temp it is outside? Also I know last year for staging everyone was outside. May want to rethink that as well. 16 degrees is cold. No matter how you dress.

When you say noticeably are you talking same temp it is outside? Also I know last year for staging everyone was outside. May want to rethink that as well. 16 degrees is cold. No matter how you dress.
It's for sure colder by the open doors, ha...I should know, I am the staging man. We have never taken temperature readings, but it doesn't become as cold as it is out side...it basically stays warm enough to take the chill off as opposed to standing out side...but these temps are brutal regardless.

Yes...cold weather always makes staging more difficult. We will probably keep spectators off the ramp so riders can stage from the ramps if they choose as well as from outside. We will do the best we can and have fun while were at it. I am gonna be challenged this weekend with this scenario. Atleast Saturday will be the warmest of the weekend.

We're gonna gonna have to keep the energy level high so your blood is pumping. Will be giving out a lot of high fives!!! ;) Brap!!!

It wouldn't be Summit Indoors,if it wasn't cold with 3ft of snow. At least thats what I always remember it, but we always made the best of it. Can't wait to smell all that race fuel,lookong forward to seeing everyone!!!!

It wouldn't be Summit Indoors,if it wasn't cold with 3ft of snow. At least thats what I always remember it, but we always made the best of it. Can't wait to smell all that race fuel,lookong forward to seeing everyone!!!!
Bbbbuuuurrrrraaaaapppppp!!!!!!!!!

any rc racing
Summit Indoor RC Car Race

Every year, during the downtime between motos and track prep you fill find kids ripping around the track with RC Cars. Last year in 2013, we did race for fun with the kids. So, we added 2+2 and decided to have some more fun with it. We are gonna make the racing a little more official. Why not? We will race law mowers and do the wheel barrow crawl...we as people will find a way to race anything...especially with motors. We even raced to the moon.

So this time around...we are gonna put on an Official RC Car race for fun; Officially. :)

Summit Indoor MX only has to races a year. First one in January and the second in February.

No prizes and no sign up fee to participate this time around. The main objective is fun...so don't take this race all that serious this time around. We are gonna give this a test run and get some feed back from experienced RC car drivers.

Everyone will have to $15 to get into the Motocross Event.

Plan on being in the building by 5 pm for Sign-Up.

Drivers Meeting at 5:30pm

Racing by 5:45pm
2-Classes
- Open Pro Class
- Open Amateur Class

Pit Area will down on the track behind the starting gate. As of right now, we won't have tables set up...just come prepared. You can work on your cars on top of the concrete divider if need be. We might have some extra tables to use...not sure yet. We do have high-ground for you to stand.

All drivers will get a 5 min practice and a 10 minute Moto most likely depending on the turnout if we don't have to break up classes into groups. We are figuring 20 Entries per class.

Please...keep in mind, this is for fun; but we may try do something in the future with entry fees and prizes if it has potential.

Give your self plenty of time because traffic is usually heavy around 5pm when coming to the Summit County Fairgrounds.

Go to www.summitindoormx.com for MX event details.
800 North Ave. Tallmadge, OH. 44278

I am really on the fence with these temps.... Really want to make the trip but MX racing when its 20 degrees indoors is rough. How warm...... or cold do you think its going to be inside for practice? And for the race days???? I assume at this point the track is built and you have an idea?

I am really on the fence with these temps.... Really want to make the trip but MX racing when its 20 degrees indoors is rough. How warm...... or cold do you think its going to be inside for practice? And for the race days???? I assume at this point the track is built and you have an idea?
No matter which you slice it...it's gonna be cold. Today was my first day up there...the track was already built. We were working with the doors closed and I had to take layers off. With doors open, I need them.

Basically the building shields you from the wind and the heater is running from the roof...basically with the doors open and the heater on with the protection of the building couple with body heat...it takes the edge off.

Temps are in the low teens the next three days at highest...prepare to be cold. Personally...my mindset is that it is gonna be cold, I either deal with it or I don't. I don't know the actual temperatures. But like stated previously...being in the building with all things considered takes the edge off compared to being outside. Just prepare yourself to be warm...have a friend stage your bike and you hop on when you actually go to the line.

I'm not sure what more to say than dress and prepare for the occasion. You still have to bundle up regardless.

It's winter and it is extremely cold. It's a personal choice. Their was no temp gauge in the building. The Building staff controls the thermostat and I don't know where that is.

That's the best I have. Hope to see you there!

Jarrett, Glad you enjoyed the mug. The big red OTC truck is down right now, so I won't be brewing any hot chocolate or coffee in the front of my Dodge Dakota this time around!

Jarrett, Glad you enjoyed the mug. The big red OTC truck is down right now, so I won't be brewing any hot chocolate or coffee in the front of my Dodge Dakota this time around!
That's alright Tim, as long as your there. Brap!

We will also not be canceling the race, as some have asked.

Back