I have an original 1982 YZ 250

Tom

PR Elite
YZ 250 FS/FT - $900 (Bridgetown ) http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/snw/4811115377.html
I have an original 1982 YZ 250. First year for liquid cooled. Runs great, starts right up and idles. Brakes are good, carb has been rebuilt, last year. Very powerful. Email for number. I have original manual. For sale, possible trades
01515_jQtiB8zPBLz_600x450.jpg

00606_24W6IdDlOOO_600x450.jpg

I had an 81 yz125 that I think was the first water cooled Yamaha. It had water running threw the frame and definitely looked primitive.

Rerouting the lines gives it that KITT sound. Or is that just when they're backwards? Mike would know. :rolleyes:

Intimidating wasn't it ?
The ole YZ was fast that day, right up until it lifted the "Boiler" pressure relief valve.:D

Looks like an aftermarket clark tank

index.php

A reunited original owner would know. Your rebuild pics from the other tread look like you'll be ready to show and go. Nice! And should help make up for that new, way too mainstream KTM...

index.php

A reunited original owner would know. Your rebuild pics from the other tread look like you'll be ready to show and go. Nice! And should help make up for that new, way too mainstream KTM...

I've made some more progress this week, exhaust is on with all new hardware. waiting on a discounted O-ring to bolt the head back on. I think I might have this done way before the first race (fingers cross) Anyone need a mainstream KTM :)

I've made some more progress this week, exhaust is on with all new hardware. waiting on a discounted O-ring to bolt the head back on. I think I might have this done way before the first race (fingers cross) Anyone need a mainstream KTM :)

A yellow head could have replaced the red head.
FC350.png

If it wasn't almost the same and for more $$$.
That is one fine KTM. :)

Back