My old thread that pertains to the "interesting read" thread

Just hand out a pamphlet and put a random sentence in there that makes people do something inconspicuous at the staging area.

Next up 250b: 14-good. 23-good 867- why didn't you touch the end of your helmet? Must of not read the riders meeting pamphlet. Disqualified. Thanks for comin out!

Just hand out a pamphlet and put a random sentence in there that makes people do something inconspicuous at the staging area.

Next up 250b: 14-good. 23-good 867- why didn't you touch the end of your helmet? Must of not read the riders meeting pamphlet. Disqualified. Thanks for comin out!
Ok, Georgie, I'm confused!!!! Help me out.

As a mini parent and a racer, (65 and 85 for him vet for me) I have no issues being early at the track and running the mini motos back to back and getting done while starting the bigger guys a little later. Randomize the order for the bigger guys so that 1 class is not always the last. If I decide to run 40+ so be it, long day no biggie. I do not like racing and having the boy run 2 classes because in some instances I have had to be in staging or getting my gear on to make it to staging while he is racing. At one race, he raced 65's, 40+ was next, and then 85's. Whew! Hectic getting stuff down to staging! While I am probably an exception, I thought it was worth mentioning.

A balanced, practical, and consistent race day is achievable regardless of track or sanctioning body.

The hard part is to get all hands on deck regardless of position or rank or ability. It would require some sacrifice from everyone. And then it would take contentment; leading to a very enjoyable overall day at the track.

Basically, everyone does their part...and the right decisions are made.

As a mini parent and a racer, (65 and 85 for him vet for me) I have no issues being early at the track and running the mini motos back to back and getting done while starting the bigger guys a little later. Randomize the order for the bigger guys so that 1 class is not always the last. If I decide to run 40+ so be it, long day no biggie. I do not like racing and having the boy run 2 classes because in some instances I have had to be in staging or getting my gear on to make it to staging while he is racing. At one race, he raced 65's, 40+ was next, and then 85's. Whew! Hectic getting stuff down to staging! While I am probably an exception, I thought it was worth mentioning.
I don't know where that happened, but at any of the Oma tracks, all you have to do is speak up. Tell the sign up person that you'd like the motos separated and they will let Connie know. She always does her best to give everyone at least one moto in between as long as she knows!

In many cases, especially with kids and dads, if they remember to tell me, I give them some space - I know how challenging that is!!! The key is telling us at when you are at registration - that way we can plan and have plenty of time to move things around.

I would prefer if they would wait to run the little guys until after all the racing is complete.

(just kidding, just giving everyone a real-life example of what the sign up girls go through)

Funny Georgie.. I had a situation years ago, between a 50cc parent and Schoolboy parent. - Too say that incident was bad, is an understatement. The 50cc parent heard the Schoolboy parent at signup complaining about how the little ones should go last or not even race, since they are "so dam slow"..

Needless to say, the Schoolboy parent ended up with a scolding like no other (from the 50cc parent), and left with his tail between his legs and apologizing.. lol HELL HAVE NO WRATH, LIKE A PEE WEE PARENT..

Oh.. and I do believe I could tell some stories about your mama!:D Not many crossed her..lol

Transponders will definitely be coming. That and multiple drops(gate) to separate the classes. This is how it's done in the roadracing world, and it is HUGE. you can combine the two smaller classes, one leaves on first drop... let them get through T1 cleanly and a nice time gap, then a second gate drop for the other class. You get the classes combined, and a nice separation to help with people racing each other in different classes. It works great and the transponder scoring keeps everything nice and tidy.

Funny Georgie.. I had a situation years ago, between a 50cc parent and Schoolboy parent. - Too say that incident was bad, is an understatement. The 50cc parent heard the Schoolboy parent at signup complaining about how the little ones should go last or not even race, since they are "so dam slow"..

Needless to say, the Schoolboy parent ended up with a scolding like no other (from the 50cc parent), and left with his tail between his legs and apologizing.. lol HELL HAVE NO WRATH, LIKE A PEE WEE PARENT..

Oh.. and I do believe I could tell some stories about your mama!:D Not many crossed her..lol

Please tell those stories. Im sure they're hilarious. Lol. Peewee parents are nuts.

I don't know where that happened, but at any of the Oma tracks, all you have to do is speak up. Tell the sign up person that you'd like the motos separated and they will let Connie know. She always does her best to give everyone at least one moto in between as long as she knows!

I think my point was mistaken, I am NOT complaining about the lineup or where I was placed, just that it might be better to run the minis first (or last) for that matter. It was just a suggestion. I figured running the mini's early would make it easier on the big bike guys who might not want to get up and get out to the track early. That is all. Running the minis later in the day would be fine as well.

I think my point was mistaken, I am NOT complaining about the lineup or where I was placed, just that it might be better to run the minis first (or last) for that matter. It was just a suggestion. I figured running the mini's early would make it easier on the big bike guys who might not want to get up and get out to the track early. That is all. Running the minis later in the day would be fine as well.

I wasn't being grumpy at you. Sorry about that.... I should've used a smiley face at the end! :) I was just trying to make sure you know you can always ask for the motos to be split up a little so it's not mass chaos come race time! :confused:
~Tina~

Since I don't know how to insert this thread into the "interesting read" thread here is one of our old conversations about the possibilities of reducing the time spent at the track on race days, without hurting the track owners business.

Just wondering why everyone wants to reduce the time spent at the track.
Simple, because I have other things going on in my life besides mx. I have a wife and daughter that don't really enjoy it and they have things such as boating, cruises, water parks, beaches and just spending time together outside of mx. I also have other obligations around the house that I just can't get done when I'm at the track for 12 plus hours... I could go on but thats my general reasons.

Those reasons are about the same for me.

On a typical race day if we dont stay the night before its just too long of a day. To make most tracks by 8 or 830 am I would need to be up at 5 am. lets say the racing is done by 5 pm, Im home around 7 pm if I havent stopped for dinner someplace. Get to bed by 10 so Ive been up for 17 hours and raced, it makes for one bad monday. During the school year its really not the best thing for the kids either.

Then if the other half comes with both kids you need to make the day as enjoyable as possible. Lets face it, not everyone thinks being at the track for 14 hours is fun. Even I get burned out or bored once in a while so others can down right hate it. If you get that happening its that much less I get to go.

ditto (to John and Dave's post). My wife and daughter hate spending all day at the track just so they can watch us for maybe 20 minutes of total track time. Heck, they are already complaining about going to Chillitown this w/e with us, and we haven't even left yet! Lots of other obligations, commitments (daughter's sports), full time jobs, etc prevent us from racing as much as my son and I would like. At least for us, I do know that if the day was split such that you knew certain classes, for example, were racing from 8am - noon and another set of classes was from 1pm-4pm, I would at least get my wife and daughter to come regularly, we could probably race more, and a number of our friends would also come spectate (as currently many of them would like to come watch us but simply don't have the time to spend all day at a track).

I say ditch Saturday practice Have races both days can't race Saturday come Sunday can't race Sunday come Saturday. I'm originally from Idaho when I raced when I was younger we raced both days. I have been out of motocross for a lot of years till we moved here, and was very surprised to see Saturday practice and sunday race. I dislike Saturday practices 80%+ of the people that come and race locally have already been to the track they know the insides and out of every local track. In my opinion practice on race day is enough time to get to know the track,especially if you've been to the track before.

I was curios so I looked up one of Idaho and Utah bigger series and they still race Saturday and Sunday with practice on Friday if you can make it. Also race day practice starts at 7am and there is no QUADS.

I am sure it has been a thought but I haven't read it anywhere, what about a three moto format for the battle series get two motos done Saturday (or as far as you can) and one moto on Sunday. practice on Friday for those who can make it. And its MORE TRACK TIME.

Last edited:
Back