You can keep your Teacher! You can keep your grants...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
And by the way, there is a way for the government to pay for college. It's called: Join the military. Nothing is free. I'm so fired up right now. Anyone else?

Just federalize everything, local community college included. It never ends...

They still can't figure out that the more you subsidize something, the higher the price goes up.

I know it's an outdated concept, but in the olden days, we took out student loans at 7% interest (from a bank, not a government office), selected courses that were actually useful in producing income after gradulation so that we could then pay them back.

They still can't figure out that the more you subsidize something, the higher the price goes up.

I know it's an outdated concept, but in the olden days, we took out student loans at 7% interest (from a bank, not a government office), selected courses that were actually useful in producing income after gradulation so that we could then pay them back.

Congress figured that out in 07 when they jacked up the student loan rates from 1.8% to 8%.

My first student loan is 1.89% fixed interest. All other are 7.5%-9%

Student loans backed by the government NEVER go away. I do recall more then a few guys getting personal loans to pay tuition then once they are paid, file bankruptcy on that debt. Three years later you could reestablish credit and be debit free. I dont think you can do that anymore.

I read that this morning, and it is freaking crazy! After last nights council meeting, dealing with 4 idiots on council that all think we should spend like the federal government, this was just great to read today.

We are looking at spending $11 million dollars on a new city hall. Our cash flow projections are negative 1.9 million, and projected negative through 2019. But this is a good time to build according to 5 council members. Also raising our residents water and sewer rates, and placing a street light assessment on the home owners, is also a good thing. 5-2 vote on everything on this project. But hey, interest rates are low, and we need it! Tax and spend......tax and spend...........

So now it's your job to knock on doors and Mail what's going on to your constituents. See if they vote for them again.

That's what congress does. Campaigns on balanced budget and it soending but screw the promised when a bill a massive spend bill. floats through.

I think it's comical how they know how to screw the low information voter to get on board.

3 nurses I work with today were like oh free college that's awesome. I'm so in debt I don't want others suffering like I'm suffering.

And then I have to tell them that they will suffer more because they'll pay for their education and now they'll pay for all the free education. Nothing is free. There are so many dip shits that don't follow anything on what's going on and knee jerk react to everything tht sounds glorious.

Just throw it on my tab, and all the others that actually pay taxes...
I hate that m f er. We will pay it.

They already are eligible for free (grants) schooling in adult education classes. They go to just enough classes to stay as a student in good standing. As soon as they get their grant money (that includes mileage and expenses), then the schooling never sees them again. I have a vocational school as a client. The Superintendent and Treasure were telling me all about how people work the system with the federal grant money.

Just to put a little reality on the conversation, BHO saying he wants community college to
be free and congress voting to make that happen are completely different things. He's pandering
to his base. The present congress will never vote for two free years of college.

I thought the present congress would of been more apt to let the government shut down. Instead of agreeing to an asshome spending bill that ties the hands of republicans for the next 2 years....

I thought the present congress would of been more apt to let the government shut down. Instead of agreeing to an asshome spending bill that ties the hands of republicans for the next 2 years....

The new congress was only sworn in last week. That was the source of the controversy. It was the old congress that passed this stupid bill, many of whom were fired in the last election, which is not to take the blame from those who campaigned with one message, and did the opposite.

Just to put a little reality on the conversation, BHO saying he wants community college to
be free and congress voting to make that happen are completely different things. He's pandering
to his base. The present congress will never vote for two free years of college.

The only difference between democrats and establishment republicans is that republicans buy votes with corporate money, while democrats buy them with your own tax dollars.

At this point some simple political pandering would be welcome. Despite the electorate, the progressive onslaught continues. The central government relentlessly grows at the expense of our Constitution. For the expediency of fundimental transformation those still on the Obama bus are more likely find themselves under it. And only a very few are attempting to stop it.

Besides, haven't you heard?

click

Back