Massive leap by 16 year old

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I don't know whether the kids fearless, or an idiot. But then, 10 years ago I was like that too(not that crazy) i was fearless and would hit any jump, first triple I ever hit was scenic highlands one at the finish and the infield up hill... Then beans bike park in the back, when it was like 150ft. Good times

John250

PR Founding Father
Crazy part is the guy rolling the double after the landing. Would have thought someone would have cleared everyone out. Not sure how you gauge how fast to go for that jump and hope to not over shoot it. He had NO room for error on the landing with the next double right there.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
What's to gauge ?!?! Did you hear him. Nothing gauged but wood to wood. Kid was almost out of gear for the revs.

But hey those yamahas suck! Too backwards.

And ask joe rice what happens when you come up short on something like that. That isn't worth it. Unless someone paying me (networks television) in front of a bleacher full of screaming fans I ain't tryin that even with a mathematician and a speedometer. That kid is insane.

@ROM dude for you to be half as stupid as that kid you would of had to downside the finish line tunnel jump at scenic for that to be even compareable. And that triples a monster.

loneranger171

PR Addict
The best part is... I saw another video with this kid and he's a short clean cut little pudgy build... Doesn't look like someone with balls of steel lol

trent56mx

PR Addict
haha true. I jumped it on my 2000 CR250. Only jump I ever hit 4th tapped on 250 2 smoker, that steep hill stole some major ponies.

Wouldn't do that jump in the vid in my craziest days, looks like some Robbie Maddo action there.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I rememeber having my 250f pegged up that hill. Dust everywhere. Couldn't see two feet in front of you. I'd have to hit that face on the way right just to bounce off the top of the landing. I could never get all the way over the hill to the downside.

There was an uphill triple by the starting gate that was probably my favorite jump. That was sick.

ohioactionphoto

PR Addict
BS....after watching you jump the table to table at Spokes top track I think you would have then.
Top table double at Spokes was only about one hundo Dave bro… maybe 110, plus a big rounded downside. It looks like dude had to land in the middle of some sort of rhythm section. I'd love to see homie Heller hit that, but I'm thinking I'd be on the sidelines shaking in my pink and gray AXO boots.

adam63

PR Addict
I would estimate that jump to be somewhere north of 200 feet. That's bigger than the hill top jump at 330! When the traction was perfect and the hill was still smooth I could get 5th gear on a 450 and jump a little more than half way down the down side, between 170 to 180 feet. The jump in the vid. puts that kid in 5th gear WFO! I think he just might be a little crazy.

Bill480

PR Addict
I would estimate that jump to be somewhere north of 200 feet. That's bigger than the hill top jump at 330! When the traction was perfect and the hill was still smooth I could get 5th gear on a 450 and jump a little more than half way down the down side, between 170 to 180 feet. The jump in the vid. puts that kid in 5th gear WFO! I think he just might be a little crazy.

Beans jump in the back = north of 200 feet?

xubv3yU.jpg

Looks like a painful landing imo

GNTs7so.jpg

more accurate.. 90-100 feetish

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
thats gotta be too recent of a pic. that looks like just a table. it used to actually have a lip and a landing was like an actual triple. id give it a realistic guess from 120-130

loneranger171

PR Addict
Beans jump in the back = north of 200 feet?

xubv3yU.jpg

Looks like a painful landing imo

GNTs7so.jpg

more accurate.. 90-100 feetish
That is the top part of the jump... There was a lip b4 that I believe... I know cuz I always seemed to jump on top of the flat/table area in the picture

trent56mx

PR Addict
I believe adam63 is talking about the jump in the video, not one of our back in the day glory story jumps haha.

Willis is right Dave, just because I did one big crazy jump doesn't mean I woud have hit every big crazy jump. I did measure the table to table at spokes, it was 100' to the lip of the second and 120' to the downside.

So what you're telling me crute is that the triple at Beans was bigger than Larocco's leap....it was 100', maybe.

We might as well bring up another glory story big jump like we do a couple times a year on threads like this haha. I lied, another 4th tapped jump was the table at Beachwood trails.

MalvernMX

Beachwood was 5th gear as hard as you could hit it. I was the first rider to acually make the downside. The first time I tried to go for the downside I though 4th gear was going to be enough.WRONG!!! I will never forget the feeling of looking down from whatever ridiculous height I was at and realizing I was not going to make the down side. I really thought the bike was going to break in half a long with my wrists and ankles. The track owner definetly enjoyed that jump. He had a 300' tape and would regularly get it out. I want to say it was about 170' to the edge of the downside. I do know the logest he ever measured me at was 212'. The downside was about 100' long and much like the hill jump at 330 you could not possibally over shoot it. Cool jump, miss that place!!

My hats off to you though Trent, that jump at spokes had me spooked and I never tried it. Man I thought that the distance was more than 100'. Maybe because the gap between them looked about 100' deep!lol

Last edited: