AMA Members recieve 20% discount on MyLaps

Alex186

PR Member
For those AMA members heading south for the Spring Classic, Daytona Amateur Supercross, Oak Hill International Final in Texas, James Stewart Spring Championship, AMA Regional Championships or any other event that use transponders, AMA members receive a 20% discount on ONLINE orders only from MyLaps. Log into the members only section of the Americanmotorcyclist.com to get the discount code. Go to the MyLaps website, select the MX Flex transponder and subscription you want, then drop in the AMA discount code. A Flex MX Transponder with a 1 year subscription for a AMA member would be a total of $76 for the year (almost $20 in savings). Save some money on those $40 rentals and purchase a transponder.

MYLAPS_web.jpg

I am going to bite the bullet and buy two this year. I've rented them every year in Daytona, so might as well buy them for $76. My luck, I will buy two and they will go to a new system next year.

Why not RFID? They are used in Arenacross and work perfect. PLUS the tag costs the rider $2.... Wait, never mind...

The RFID doesn't work for motocross. The tag can pick up other lanes of the track, the system is very inconsistent at reading the tags at high speeds. Plus it's so small that is can come off during a race, weather or during a crash. The MyLaps transponder is by far the best product on the market for motocross racing, the tag does work well for off-road racing. I was told Mylaps transponders have 99.99% accurate reading whatever, by far better then any other system. MyLaps is the top motorsports transponder in the world.

As for the benefit of being a AMA member, paying a $49 membership to race ($29 for a youth, $98 for a family) and getting $20 off the 1 year subscription flex transponder is a good benefit. Hopefully I and the AMA offices can continue to bring members quality benefits for racers.

I don't trust RFID either. That's the last thing I want as a promotor, is a failure on scoring, and worse yet because I went cheap, no thanks.

Back