Reddik Ahrma race

beenridin

PR Elite
Trying to put together a road trip to Fla March 12-16 ( Thursday to Monday)to race the Ahrma event at Reddik . Trying to hit Waldo on Friday as a warmup .....anyone have an interest in tagging along or planning on going
mikes phone 2014 027.JPG
?

Enjoy as sounds like a great time and wish I was able to race as still get cabin fever real bad except now it is year round.

Mike and Mike, Sounds like a great plan.

I missed joining you by a week and will have just gotten back from Florida.

My wife, Jennifer, and I are heading to the 2nd Atlanta race then on to Daytona for a week in John250's condo before going to the Daytona race. I plan on taking a bike and finding some places to ride during the week.

I looked up the Reddik race and the track looks like a blast. I wonder if the facility is open to ride outside of the AHRMA race. If it was I would stop there.

DanO

Warm things up for us before we get there.
Waldo is open 7 days and is always a nice fallback track . Not long or technical but fun and always open . Sand is deep there too!

You guys will like it. Reddick (Known as MX of Marion County) is a very nice track. I won my first AHRMA overall in Sportsman 125 there in '02. The owners back then were really Nazi's about dogs there. Either they were banned outright or had to be muzzled at all times as I recall. Might want to check before you go to be sure if you are taking any pets on your trip .

We went all the way down for the AHRMA race in either '03 or '04 and Waldo had become an inland lake, not a race track, from record rains. Water was a couple of feet deep in the pits. I think they ended up running a one moto, winner take all deal. Me and most of my buddies passed on the opportunity after watching numerous classes ahead of us blow about half the bikes up trying to race in that slop.

MX of Marion County is a good vintage track.Im waiting to see if turnouts are any bigger this year with gas prices down?

Awesome race! Had Pracrice at Hardrock on Friday! Took The street bikes down for a ride on Saturday and golfing!
Racetrack was perfect on Sunday!
Awesome weekend of riding in Florida!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Way Cool, great tracks, 85 and sunny. The " Mike & Mike" show, non stop fun. I think my 1974 DT125A was the most popular pit bike.

Back