A3...do we really need to go there again?...YES!

hershey

PR Elite
It wont matter, if your going downhill you dont need the front low. The holeshot device really only gets them out of the gate. The pros pull the front wheel down most of the start straight normally. So its a matter of technique on this one.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Looping out would suck...more...

This technique you mention Hershey...how many you think have been practicing elevated starts? I think it will mess with some more than others for certain. In the lites, it may actually help Bowers with the start since he can muscle that bike a little more than others. Should be fun. We shall see...

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Bowers best 250 lap time. 58.2. He feels start will help him...

57.1 for Dungey.

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
From RacerX online today at A3:

" Chad Reed looked to be eyeing up the step-on section through the two tables that Tomac did in the prior session, but opted out. We didn’t see anyone give it a shot, so it’s unlikely we’ll see anyone pull the trigger on that section in the main. "

Like him or not this is why I miss JS7, you know he would have done this leap forcing others to keep up or put their tail between their legs. Maybe he may have crashed but lately (when allowed to race) he hadnt. Funny each race this year I find myself thinking what JS7 wouuld have done in the rhythm sections.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
From RacerX online today at A3:

" Chad Reed looked to be eyeing up the step-on section through the two tables that Tomac did in the prior session, but opted out. We didn’t see anyone give it a shot, so it’s unlikely we’ll see anyone pull the trigger on that section in the main. "

Like him or not this is why I miss JS7, you know he would have done this leap forcing others to keep up or put their tail between their legs. Maybe he may have crashed but lately (when allowed to race) he hadnt. Funny each race this year I find myself thinking what JS7 wouuld have done in the rhythm sections.

So flippin true!

Anywho, anyone see Malcolm whip into Webb's front wheel at the finish? Whoa...

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Good ride to stay on bike the first couple corners in the heat Reedy...

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Good piece on the Bowers/Webb rivalry. Bowers spoke the truth, but came across like a punk to some extent. He's confident I suppose. Should be good the rest of the season...

I'll still be rooting for the Kawasaki. ;)

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
You ever seen a batter scared to death of a pitcher? If Bowers is the pitcher, Webb is shaking and could rattle him when they are bar to bar into making mistakes. Bowers isn't no "Ohia billhilly that moved down to Can-tuck-eeee." He's smart. Mind games is all part of the training week. THANK YOU TWITTER AND SOCIAL MEDIA. These guys can't get away from each other to focus on other things. And I think Bowers just knows how to effectively get into people's heads.

I hate these ADs in the race that make the screen smaller. I'm gonna have to buy a 70 inch TV if they keep this BS up.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Well, good to know Bowers could have made it in gymnastics if his MX career didn't work out. Dude can't buy a start...

Last edited:

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Good races. See you in San Diego...well, not really in the town, but you know what I mean dammit....

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Great racing tonight... But The restart... I remember earlier this year we were at the cliff for their battle race and my little brothers gate didn't drop... He threw his hands up for a red flag restart and they wouldn't give it to him. Webb is on fire, Bowers was on his way to battling with coop... tonighys track looked very one lined... Congrats to dung, smooth and fast as always, glad to see him on top and glad to see Tomac get Roczen for the podium

Elliott4179

PR Addict
Track was very one lined. I agree with the restart in lites, but seriously why did it take so long to come to that conclusion? Then they didn't even talk to everybody who made the podium just because they were behind on schedule. I'm sure there are millions of people waiting to watch the post fight report at 1 am, not! Newsflash, someone got their ass beat, big surprise. Congrats to Plessinger for a solid ride to the podium!

halffast

PR Elite
Yep , " Never-another-championship , nonaggressive , candy-ass " Dungey looked pretty friggin impressive out front to me . Might have been even more impressed with Seely's ride and Tomac's determination . Is Roczen into his " slump " already ? Everybody was kicking around quite a bit through the whoops ; must have been even tougher than they looked .

There is so much talent in the 250 West class that I kind of forget who is left to run the East . Usually don't care much for the post race interviews but was hoping that Plessinger would get a little TV face-time . He deserves some recognition . Maybe this trumped up Bowers/Webb feud will get SX to helmet throwing , fist fighting , $$$ NASCAR status .

One more Cali race left . Sure wish they would spread the racing around a little better and get a bit more creative with track design ( no " joker " lane BS though ) .

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
Great race, Dungey said earlier at A1 4th place, "Something to Build on." Dude is on it, 4 ,3, 2,2, 1 finishes so far. He had fast qualifying time, good start, rode solid. Good to see Alessi back and holeshot. Webb is very emotional. Man he was pissed when they red flagged the race. It was Galagger again making the decision to red flag. What took so long, 6 laps in. Maybe he didn't want to over react like the black flag situation. Very impressed with Plessinger, bummer he didn't get interviewed, same with Seely, good ride. I came off the seat when Tomac passed Roczen. Perfect, Kenny off the podium and Dungey winning. Go #5