Enough already!

been there with a Honda already . Been in this game 40 yrs now the. KTM 450 is far ahead of the game, it is cheaper to maintain than the 2 stroke. Dosent matter if you agree or not, just the way it is.

been there with a Honda already . Been in this game 40 yrs now the. KTM 450 is far ahead of the game, it is cheaper to maintain than the 2 stroke. Dosent matter if you agree or not, just the way it is.

Been on KTM's for 17 years now. I will say they make a pretty bullet proof 4 stroke but not like they used to. I have an 01 520 that has had the valves adjusted maybe 4 times, other than that, a water pump seal (what a b*tch that was). All my buddies with newer 250sxf's and 450sxf's have had to rebuild.

I run smokers on the track, and any way you slice it, a rebuild on my 250sx is cheaper....hands down. Especially when you can source the pistons straight from KTM's manufacturer.

I will give you this tho, if you aren't riding the 4 stroke hard...it's pretty bullet proof. It's when you are racing and wringing the snot out of them, it can get expensive!

I would like to know as well.. orange has my attention.. best year 450s? Fat n washed up but still like high rpm's..

Georgie, I'll be racing a 2004 KTM 300 MXC this year... And meister, my little brother just got a husqvarna TC450 last night and all I have to say is oh my god... It's sooooo sick and the ergonomics are nice, it had a rediculous amount of torque

Man I'd love to have an FC. A little over budget with a house and a baby coming next month though..

Back