Ribbed for my riding pleasure seat covers

hershey

PR Elite
So before all you pervs jump on this I got it out of the way......

So seriously, I want one of the ribbed seat covers mainly because they look cool and I need a no slip cover to help keep my light weight ass planted forward on the bike. I found some good looking ones made by Motoseat and Rusk Racing. Anyone have experience with these type covers? Are they too much traction? Do they hold up well?

Please respond respectfully with your experiences.

Look up tractionmxseating on facebook. He will do a custom seat in whatever color you want with great quality and quick shipping.

I had an attack cover from rocky that I liked. I had the fx seat bump with attack cover that I liked even more.
My 250 now has a motoseat style cover that's nice but I need to put a bump in there still. 450 I just did with this TLD cover/bump.
You can cut a renthal crossbar pad in half and superglue it to the seat under the cover as a bump, that's what I do with great results.

So yeah you can't really go wrong with any kind of extra seat traction imo, I prefer as much as I can get. Just tighten those pants.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 283
Nothing new. Had that on my 1966 Schwinn Fastback. Found this rusty old example on the web.
schwinn_l.jpg

Didn't want to slide back into the sissy bar or foward with that shifter. Seems time has flattened these ribs. Metal flake vinyl is the way to go.
My Bonanza mini bike seat had ribs too, now that I think of it.
$_35.JPG

Welcome back to the 60's!

Last edited:
I put a Motoseat cover on for last season and it rocks. I was amazed at the difference. But as others have mentioned, make sure you cinch your pants extra tight. It WILL pull them down if you're not prepared. I thought about adding a bump when I changed covers, but decided to try without the bump first. I'm happy without a bump, but if you REALLY wanna stay put, go ahead and add it.

Going into 3rd season with ribbbed motoseat with little to no signs of wear. Had a complete gripper SDG with hump prior, it didn't work as well as stock foam and motoseat cover. (12 kx450f) Travis at motoseat is a very helpful too.

I have a guts seat with the colored seams and it tore at one of the seams. I believe mxa did a test on them and they gave it a low score for tearing in a short time.

Idk how it works but damn they look good, Just installed last night (first time) I need to borrow the neighbors air stapler tonight to clean the showing edges up. Was a little tricky at first finding the best approach but im happy with the overall job I did.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I've installed a handful of Motoseat brand covers for people and they are pretty nice.

I'm too fat though for a grippy cover -- as stated before they pull my pants down.

Back