Places to ride outdoors during winter

Devon Mistak

PR Member
What are the closest tracks to Ohio that are open to ride during the winter? Mx421 is one I saw its 5hr 30min. Im located near the WV border.. Thanks

That Club MX track is the small one! The PRO track is awesome looking! Club MX looks sandy and rough, MX 421 on a good day is much more rutty and technical. 421 is good, Center Rd and East Bend are very close to 421. So you could go down the same distance and hit 3 different tracks.

East Bend is ok, not near as technical as Club MX or 421. I didnt make it to Center Rd yet. Check the Track Guide tab at the top of the page, all the tracks we know about are listed there by state.

hope this isnt off topic but, me and my son are heading down to JWTF the first week of april and i was wondering if any of you havebeen there? Not sure what to expect and was looking for thoughts and opinions of the facility. Thanks

So hershey, anyone going down this weekend? Looks cold right now, kinda like the Thursday and Friday I went down to NC a before I saw your crew.

So 421 is better, technically, than East Bend? Then I won't go to East Bend and just do 421. I thought the place ROCKED!!!

hope this isnt off topic but, me and my son are heading down to JWTF the first week of april and i was wondering if any of you havebeen there? Not sure what to expect and was looking for thoughts and opinions of the facility. Thanks

Been there a lot. Electric and water hook ups, no septic but there is a dump area around the back of the cabins. Small cabins. They do have a shower house. Track is left rough a lot during the week, and groomed for the weekends. There is a turn track, and if you have a request, Jammer will get on the dozer and make it happen. Emerald Isle and the beach is 15 miles down the way. Hardees who make the best chicken sandwich in the area is 2.5 the other direction. Jacksonville is about 20 minutes away, and has everything you might want or could need. If it rains hard, it takes about 1/2 day to get going.

JWTF is a good place to go. It gets all types of riders in varying speeds. Most of the crew that I hang with during the summer go there, but this last weekend, it only got to 30 and everyone is going father south. I guess it's just cold everywhere, even Switchback closed up last weekend (where I was going to go...).

Turn track will get your but in shape very fast. If you don't get monkey but and blisters....

thanks for the quick responses. were going there for 5 days and was considering hit another track or two close by. any suggestions? south of the border looks fairly close 2hrs?

If JWTF is only 20 minutes from Jacksonville then WW Ranch is right there off I 10 in Jacksonville.

So hershey, anyone going down this weekend? Looks cold right now, kinda like the Thursday and Friday I went down to NC a before I saw your crew.

So 421 is better, technically, than East Bend? Then I won't go to East Bend and just do 421. I thought the place ROCKED!!!

I dont have more than sat/sun this weekend so I am probably out until second weekend in March. Damn it.

Aside from mentioned already-HRD in Gaston SC. A couple hours longer drive down 77, but way worth it with the newly redesigned tracks, plus you gain a few extra degrees of warmth.
Club practice track is decent if you are allowed on the big sand track as well, otherwise it gets old quick.

thanks for the quick responses. were going there for 5 days and was considering hit another track or two close by. any suggestions? south of the border looks fairly close 2hrs?
Sob rarely has open public practice but on Wednesdays I believe. It was real fun for a days ride. No elevation but plenty of stuff to have fun with. Fairly hard packed compound compared to most of the sand base tracks in the area.

Wide Open MX in Raeford is a 1.5 hour drive, so is Hog Heaven. Both good tracks. If you are heading to SOB which no longer has practice, go the extra 35 minutes to Club. Full hook ups on the practice track.

Back