BEST ACCIDENT INSURANCE???????

Be careful because some policies won't cover you for 30 days from purchase date. Some are longer. I've seen some up to 12 months. That way people don't bang themselves up. Get the insurance and then go to the ER.

Aflac has a pregnancy insurance policy too. Doesn't pay for 12 months. So don't get pregnant in that time period. Then it pays. Couple girls I go to np school with have them.

I can't comment on who is the best provider, but what I can say without hesitation is you need to read the policy -- read it again -- and then reread it.

The issue with insurance policies of any sort usually comes down to vague or ambiguous language. Basically, a cloak that the provider can (at least in their opinion) hide behind. What you may do when you think you've found a policy that suits you is see about speaking with a local attorney (probably personal injury or ERISA) and seeing if they can spot any initial concerns. They may do this for free under the premise that you'll come back to them if you ever actually need an attorney.

Don't confuse accident insurance with Disability. Someone mentioned wanting a pay check when your off, that is disability. Some accident policies can have a disability rider, but some times they are not a true 66 2/3% of income. If you want disability insurance, I suggest a disability policy, and a separate accident policy.

JOliver, no need to have an attorney look over an accident policy. Your way over thinking it. Just look over the conditions and Limits, and the exclusions and limitations that are printed in any brochure for any policy. Different carriers have different limitations. Most all require that the claim is filed within 90 days, some as low as 30 days after accident. That being said, companies like Aflac and Allstate state 90 days, but I have seen them pay claims over a year old that was never filed, they are both good about paying claims.

Most do not cover driving in any race or speed test or testing any vehicle on a racetrack or speedway. This is in 99% of every accident policy. That being said, I have a client who was hauled out of Rt. 62 in ambulance and taken to 2 different hospitals. Multiple fractures and injuries. Spent over a week in the hospital. He told them he was in a motorcycle wreck. His Allstate policy paid him over $8000 on that claim. There are people that say they are in motorcycle wrecks and never mention racing. That is on the policy holder.

If you have a accident policy deducted from your paycheck pre-tax, be aware Colonial will 1099 a large payout because it is pre-tax. Unum does not pre-tax their policies at all (Unum and Colonial are sister companies). No other companies I know of will 1099 any payouts.

I suggest anyone with kids have a policy. It is not if your going to have a claim, but a matter of when. One claim and you've paid for your policy for a long time (if it is a fracture claim).

Allstate has one of the strongest accident policies in the business right now for sure. I personally had Aflac and now have Allstate. Worksite policies are usually a little bit better policies and the rates are cheaper than getting a policy individually.

Keep in mind that receiving payment of over $1000 from an insurance company in a fraudelent manner (ie...."yeah I fell off a ladder!") is a felony in Ohio.

Some of you have already self-incriminated by replying to this thread with detailed information!

Progressive dug up photos of me riding my identical looking 125 on this website the week AFTER my 250 was stolen.

Just sayin.

And they also contacted malvern and asked them if I wrecked my bike beyond reasonable repair the week before the theft.

But...what they found out was.....there was no fraud involved. Yay for me.

buvhm1s3m2pp90uirqyk.jpg

Peter Benjamin Lewis (November 11, 1933 – November 23, 2013) was an American businessman who was the chairman of Progressive Insurance Company.

As of 2010, Progressive had grown to 27,250 employees, with sales of $15.0 billion and had become the third largest auto insurance company in the United States.
In 2000, Lewis retired as CEO of Progressive, though he remained as Chairman of the Board.

Lewis frequently donated money to charities and liberal political groups. He was a patron of the arts, even going so far as to display Andy Warhol's 10-part series of China's Chairman Mao Zedong in 1974 at Progressive's office in Mayfield Village. Lewis's personal and corporate contemporary art collection is well known — the corporate collection is displayed at Progressive Insurance offices.

In September 2012 Lewis signed the Giving Pledge promising to give at least half his wealth to charity, Lewis made donations to:

Princeton University (A Frank Gehry designed science library, $60 million; the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, $55 million; Lewis Center for the Arts, $101 million. Total $233 million to date.)

Case Western Reserve University (The Weatherhead School of Management Peter B. Lewis Building, another Frank Gehry design, $36.9 million, out of $61.7 total building cost)

Marijuana Policy Project (Donated $3,000,000 to MPP in 2007.)

The Guggenheim Museum ($50 million)

America Coming Together and MoveOn.org (with George Soros matching his $10 and $2.5 million, respectively)

American Civil Liberties Union $15 million

The Democratic Party

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies-sponsored MDMA/PTSD Research in the US, Switzerland and Israel $750,000

Menorah Park (Peter B. Lewis Aquatic & Therapy Center)

Traction

Support of California's Proposition 19 also known as the Regulate, Control & Tax Cannabis Act (Donation of $159,005 on 10/15/2010)

Support for Washington Initiative 502 with contributions totaling $2,038,700.

Oberlin College (The Peter B. Lewis Gateway Center, a hotel and conference center that will be the cornerstone of Oberlin’s Green Arts District; $5 million gift out of a total cost of $32 million.)

Lewis was an advocate of taxing and regulating the use and sale of marijuana and was one of the main financial backers of the campaign to legalize the use of marijuana for medical use in the United States.
In January 2000, Lewis was arrested and charged in New Zealand for possession of marijuana. Lewis pleaded guilty to three charges and paid a substantial fine, though under New Zealand law he was not required to serve time in jail or prison. According to his lawyer, Marie Dyhrberg, Lewis used the marijuana on the advice of his doctor for pain relief after the partial amputation of his leg in 1998.

Lewis died of a heart attack at his home in Coconut Grove, Florida on November 23, 2013 at the age of 80. He was interred at Mayfield Cemetery in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.

His net worth at the time of his death was $1.25 billion.

Don't confuse accident insurance with Disability. Someone mentioned wanting a pay check when your off, that is disability. Some accident policies can have a disability rider, but some times they are not a true 66 2/3% of income. If you want disability insurance, I suggest a disability policy, and a separate accident policy.

JOliver, no need to have an attorney look over an accident policy. Your way over thinking it. Just look over the conditions and Limits, and the exclusions and limitations that are printed in any brochure for any policy. Different carriers have different limitations. Most all require that the claim is filed within 90 days, some as low as 30 days after accident. That being said, companies like Aflac and Allstate state 90 days, but I have seen them pay claims over a year old that was never filed, they are both good about paying claims.

Most do not cover driving in any race or speed test or testing any vehicle on a racetrack or speedway. This is in 99% of every accident policy. That being said, I have a client who was hauled out of Rt. 62 in ambulance and taken to 2 different hospitals. Multiple fractures and injuries. Spent over a week in the hospital. He told them he was in a motorcycle wreck. His Allstate policy paid him over $8000 on that claim. There are people that say they are in motorcycle wrecks and never mention racing. That is on the policy holder.

If you have a accident policy deducted from your paycheck pre-tax, be aware Colonial will 1099 a large payout because it is pre-tax. Unum does not pre-tax their policies at all (Unum and Colonial are sister companies). No other companies I know of will 1099 any payouts.

I suggest anyone with kids have a policy. It is not if your going to have a claim, but a matter of when. One claim and you've paid for your policy for a long time (if it is a fracture claim).

Allstate has one of the strongest accident policies in the business right now for sure. I personally had Aflac and now have Allstate. Worksite policies are usually a little bit better policies and the rates are cheaper than getting a policy individually.

I currently have short term and long term disability threw work and I do have a newborn son and mortgage and bills like everyone else. I appreciate all the feedback!!!!!!!!! I am thinking Allstate sounds like it will fit my needs. Basically i just need some extra coverage that my insurance wont cover for example my 5,000 out of pocket per year threw cigna insurance. I was on the phone last week for a hour with aflac and I could not get them to give me a straight answer if i would be covered if injured on a closed course racing or practicing so i got fed up and hung up. Saying motorcycle accident I would assume they would want a police report at least or contact the hospital to see where they picked up the injured policy holder. I wish there was a company that was specific accident insurance for any and all extreme sports.

buvhm1s3m2pp90uirqyk.jpg

Peter Benjamin Lewis (November 11, 1933 – November 23, 2013) was an American businessman who was the chairman of Progressive Insurance Company.

As of 2010, Progressive had grown to 27,250 employees, with sales of $15.0 billion and had become the third largest auto insurance company in the United States.
In 2000, Lewis retired as CEO of Progressive, though he remained as Chairman of the Board.

Lewis frequently donated money to charities and liberal political groups. He was a patron of the arts, even going so far as to display Andy Warhol's 10-part series of China's Chairman Mao Zedong in 1974 at Progressive's office in Mayfield Village. Lewis's personal and corporate contemporary art collection is well known — the corporate collection is displayed at Progressive Insurance offices.

In September 2012 Lewis signed the Giving Pledge promising to give at least half his wealth to charity, Lewis made donations to:

Princeton University (A Frank Gehry designed science library, $60 million; the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, $55 million; Lewis Center for the Arts, $101 million. Total $233 million to date.)

Case Western Reserve University (The Weatherhead School of Management Peter B. Lewis Building, another Frank Gehry design, $36.9 million, out of $61.7 total building cost)

Marijuana Policy Project (Donated $3,000,000 to MPP in 2007.)

The Guggenheim Museum ($50 million)

America Coming Together and MoveOn.org (with George Soros matching his $10 and $2.5 million, respectively)

American Civil Liberties Union $15 million

The Democratic Party

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies-sponsored MDMA/PTSD Research in the US, Switzerland and Israel $750,000

Menorah Park (Peter B. Lewis Aquatic & Therapy Center)

Traction

Support of California's Proposition 19 also known as the Regulate, Control & Tax Cannabis Act (Donation of $159,005 on 10/15/2010)

Support for Washington Initiative 502 with contributions totaling $2,038,700.

Oberlin College (The Peter B. Lewis Gateway Center, a hotel and conference center that will be the cornerstone of Oberlin’s Green Arts District; $5 million gift out of a total cost of $32 million.)

Lewis was an advocate of taxing and regulating the use and sale of marijuana and was one of the main financial backers of the campaign to legalize the use of marijuana for medical use in the United States.
In January 2000, Lewis was arrested and charged in New Zealand for possession of marijuana. Lewis pleaded guilty to three charges and paid a substantial fine, though under New Zealand law he was not required to serve time in jail or prison. According to his lawyer, Marie Dyhrberg, Lewis used the marijuana on the advice of his doctor for pain relief after the partial amputation of his leg in 1998.

Lewis died of a heart attack at his home in Coconut Grove, Florida on November 23, 2013 at the age of 80. He was interred at Mayfield Cemetery in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.

His net worth at the time of his death was $1.25 billion.

Legalize it.

Keep in mind that receiving payment of over $1000 from an insurance company in a fraudelent manner (ie...."yeah I fell off a ladder!") is a felony in Ohio.

Some of you have already self-incriminated by replying to this thread with detailed information!

Kreps is 100% correct. That is why I always show people in print what the policy states when asked the question about racing (many forms), parachuting, flying, etc. etc. Some policies state "extreme" sports. There is a policy endorsed by the AMA that covers you while you race. It is more of a flat payment plan that pays a flat amount to help cover a deductible, and it has a $1000 deducible with it. But is will cover you signed up in am AMA event. It definitely wont pay as much as a accident policy from Allstate or Aflac.

Funny, they will cover you if your on a trail ride and have an accident. No questions what so ever. But if your on a "race track" that can become a test of speed, even if practicing.

Don't want to say too much, but lets say I know a couple people with many connections with many carriers who are perhaps seeking a carrier that will design a policy that is much more competitive than the AMA policy that would cover riders racing and practicing. What would a policy like that be worth to people that race? Would many purchase it?

Attachments

• Motorcycle Accident Insurance.pdf
    299.9 KB · Views: 248
Allstate Limitations and Exclusions:

The policy does not cover any loss incurred by a covered person as a result of: an injury that occurred as

the result of an on-the-job accident; or injury incurred prior to the covered person’s effective date of coverage

subject to the Incontestability provision; or any act of war whether or not declared, participation in a riot,

insurrection or rebellion; or suicide, or any attempt at suicide, whether sane or insane; or any injury sustained

while the covered person is under the influence of alcohol or any narcotic, unless administered upon the

advice of a physician; or dental or plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes except when such surgery is required to

treat an injury or correct a disorder of normal bodily function that was caused by an injury; or participation

in any form of aeronautics except as a fare-paying passenger in a licensed aircraft provided by a common

carrier and operating between definitely established airports; or committing or attempting to commit an

assault or felony; or driving in any organized or scheduled race or speed test or while testing an automobile or any vehicle on any racetrack or speedway.

Any injury incurred while a covered person is an active member of the Military; Naval; or Air Forces of

any country or combination of countries is not covered. Upon notice and proof of service in such forces,

we will return the pro-rata portion of the premium paid for any period of such service

Back