Congrats Reedy

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
I finally watched the race on the dvr. So disappointed the coverage didn't show Reedy more. He looked better than when he ran down RV a couple years ago. He was also the only one busting out the quad after the whoops. It was such an honor to witness his win. Also the attendance numbers weren't talked about either. The place was empty. Why do they need two weeks again?

They do it because the west coast is so heavily covered. They need a venue in NE section on the country!

I was amazed how little they showed Reed out front, except for that stupid 6x6 box on the right of the screen. And they didnt pick up on the fact he was the only one doing that quad!

Congrats old man!

Reed is an animal. I love watching that guy win. 2008 (I think) Indianapolis supercross my buddies and I saw Reed and hansen at a bar downtown the night before the race. Reed was sipping vodka and water for 2-3 hours. I believe that was the year he had a broken scapula as well. He went out the next night and waxed everyone. I've been a fan ever since.

Awesome win for Reed. I agree, two weekends of Atlanta is stupid. They would draw more fans going Atlanta, Daytona, and then adding either Jacksonville, Tampa or Orlando the following week.

I finally watched the race on the dvr. So disappointed the coverage didn't show Reedy more. He looked better than when he ran down RV a couple years ago. He was also the only one busting out the quad after the whoops. It was such an honor to witness his win. Also the attendance numbers weren't talked about either. The place was empty. Why do they need two weeks again?
I'd say SX isn't very popular in GA.. quite a few seats left for this weekends race.

XOss8cJ.png

Yeah, that's a bummer. Why not New Orleans? What domes are there in the NE? Toronto was a venue taken out that was kinda NE. Minneapolis? The Carolina's are somewhat typically decent this time of year...typically, right?
93141_reedroczen.jpg

Last edited:
They need different locations. Grow the sport in other areas of the country. You don't need 6 races in Cali or 2 on ATL. Put one in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Charlotte, Washington DC, Pittsburgh. All football stadiums that have NOTHING in them all summer. And someone give the idiots that make the schedule a globe. California, New Jersey, Nevada in back to back to back weekends. Logistics people, Logistics

I agree two nights in Atlanta is too much. But in the past I think Atlanta had the highest attendance and this past weekend the weather was terrible. Lot's of ice. Maybe that is what kept people home. I think they usually have over 60,000, I read 52,000 this past race.

They need different locations. Grow the sport in other areas of the country. You don't need 6 races in Cali or 2 on ATL. Put one in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, Charlotte, Washington DC, Pittsburgh. All football stadiums that have NOTHING in them all summer. And someone give the idiots that make the schedule a globe. California, New Jersey, Nevada in back to back to back weekends. Logistics people, Logistics
More to it than logistics and you know this. Also, what does summer have to do with it? SX is in the winter. Spring at the latest. Have one in Boston area. I hear you though...

Oh, also, so are you trying to say the sport hasn't grown? I would have to say at least he fan base has due to live coverage for all stops...

No, im saying why not work for continual improvement? Anaheim 1,2,3..15 are all about 3/4 full. Try other markets. They have been pumping the New York thing for two years now. Try other large markets.
"Summer" as in nothing is scheduled in those stadiums all Summer (including spring) referring to them being football only so you don't have to worry about baseball. Swap one of the Anaheim for a Denver, ATL 2 for Boston, Anaheim 2 for Chicago, Either Oakland or San Fran to Seattle and make Dallas a west race.
Oh yeah, move the MEC to Tampa or New Orleans. They already have one race.

Has anyone from feld actually explained themselves? As in why they criss cross the country and have 6 cali races. And no not the typical "theres more to it you dont understand."That is not an exceptable answer. I would love someone who works in the feld office to get a real interview.

They claim its easier on the factory teams because most of their shops are there. Also they say those venues in Cali fill up better.

I think its BS. I bet the make more money out there because they get better deals on the stadiums. Just my thought on it.

How many empty seats were there at a2 vs how many empty for ATL 2? They are probably right about filling up seats out there...

Back