2015 Racing Season starts

So when are you guys leaving? Im hoping to be able to be down there to test a couple of days before the race.Ive never been to Waldo whats it like for a pv bike?

We are leaving Thursday, mid day from Columbus, spending the night on the road and plan to ride Friday afternoon at Waldo, watch the Vintage guys on Saturday and race Sunday.

Whats the deal with the numbers? Why do some have a letter before the number, some have a letter after the number. Whats the significance of a letter with the numbers in AHMRA?

I am a new AHMRA member this year, when I sent my application I requested #29 which was a random number that I used previously because it was on a bike that I bought. When I received my member package and card the number was 29M. My assumption is that there are two many racers on a historic and national basis that would exceed 999, so that adding an initial gives them almost 26,000 possibilities. I also assumed that the " M " is due to my first name being Mike.

Whats the significance of a letter with the numbers in AHMRA?
There is no significance. The only reason is because AHRMA doesn't seem to ever re-use numbers. And unlike the whole confusion with OMA giving membership numbers, the number AHRMA gives you actually IS your racing number.

I ended up with 26J because #261 was "taken" and I had a choice of 26 + several different letters. I chose J.

Whats the deal with the numbers? Why do some have a letter before the number, some have a letter after the number. Whats the significance of a letter with the numbers in AHMRA?
I think when you request a two digit number they add letter of your name.AHRMA letter is usually after number though.

Just became an AHRMA member too and trying to get to SC for PVXC round 1-2 this weekend. However, winter storm and carb woes are trying to stop me. I am yet to ride this 81 250.
My number is 9, but it and 9 alphas were taken. I chose 209

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 121
Yes to many classes! just like another organization! Im dissapointed on pre entries,thought with gas prices more riders this year.My expirence southern riders just show up.

Depends on how you look at the world, some guys think the cup is half full, and some half empty. I'm super excited there are 159 Pre entry's for two days of Vintage & Post Vintage Racing in warm sunny weather, should be a significant number of post entries particularly when you consider the many regional weather issues which should be resolved in the next few days.

Easy for me the only two choices were go to Florida and ride old dirt bikes or stay home and wait for nicer weather.

Hey Mike - thanks for checking but this one is a no way for me.... I will be in Indy till Thursday evening on business. You guys enjoy!

Looks like I will be racing 40+ in Florida .
I wanted to run the series in 50+ but don't turn 50 until April. AHRMA you have to be the age when the race happens. Ama rules state you can race your age you are when the series ends.

Back