What is your favorite vintage moto related item?

ahrma479

PR Member
Mine is a sticker I got from the Mid-Ohio USGP 1975.
mid ohio sticker.jpg

Wow... That is a sweet antique! What self respecting Vet motorcyclist wouldnt love having that in their Rec Room.

I was reminiscing a short while ago to the wife and an old school buddy, back in the late 70's when we would get snow days off from school, how he and I would make a few bucks shovelling driveways all morning, then have his mom drop us off in Heath, where we would spend our noonday at the Bowling Alley (the old Park Lanes) playing Foosball and Pinball, catch the matinee movie at Heath's Cinema 4, followed up with walking over to Pizza Hut to cure the munchies, and finally over to Heck's department store to pick up the latest Revell model cars that we would spend the rest of the evening building.

Heck, I even remember Honda Hills having a game room with two pinball machines.

I can't hide the fact that I cherish those memories!

Yeah when we finished our basement I wound up with the perfect spot for a pinball machine. I was looking at all types but the newer ones didn't do much for me. I made my mind up that this model was the goal. Saw this one on CL down in KY and off I went.... It was non working, legs were painted, etc but all there. Did a bunch of the cosmetic repairs myself and had a guy come over and get it running right. The whole process was a lot like finding and restoring bikes! I'm with you on the memories as a kid - there was a bar we'd go to just to play the ones they had. Heck we were most of their business from 3 to 5 during the week.

Evel Knievel was the man for people our age-Wide World of Sports on jump days were can't miss. Everyone had one of those gyro deals where you'd smash your knuckles into the ground while winding Evel and his bike to the moon. My buddy still has his.

Back