Competition for PitRacer or a New Source for Motocross Information?

Dano762

PR Addict
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mpo/4923011298.html

www.cincymx.com

It is ambitious to start a new Motocross oriented site. I wonder if person that is starting this site knows about PitRacer? It was clever to post an ad on Craigslist.

I keep promoting PitRacer whenever I meet somebody that has an interest in motocross or riding.

I even had a chance to talk to Ricky Carmichael about PitRacer last week at a bicycle shop in Daytona. I told him to check it out and sign up! Yes shameless name dropping (both me about meeting Ricky and telling Ricky about PitRacer) but it was so cool and he was so approachable. He was asking about learning to ride on bicycle rollers and I said he would be safer to start racing SX again. That made him laugh and broke the ice.

Ricky was there because Trek is a sponsors and maybe 5 people showed up so he spent a bunch of time just talking with us. Trek had a ridiculous Carbon Fiber Road bike at a Daytona Pit Area display. It weighed just a tad over 11 pounds.

This next suggestion might belong in the "Where is PitRacer Going" - does registering ask where the new registrant learned about the site or have a way to show it was a referral? I know I found out about the site a couple of years ago from NQ1965 - such a great find!!!! Might be another avenue to grow membership by running a referral drive/contest.

Last edited:
Good write up. I love that Ricky is just one of the guys and easy to talk to. I spread the word myself far and wide. I hope RC gets on here, he would be a great asset.

does registering ask where the new registrant learned about the site or have a way to show it was a referral? I know I found out about the site a couple of years ago from NQ1965 - such a great find!!!! Might be another avenue to grow membership by running a referral drive/contest.

No it doesn't but I think I'm going to add this. Thanks for the idea. Bringing in new members is crucial. It would be nice to know we're focusing our marketing efforts in the right places. Man I've never met the goat but I would love to hear his stories. What an honor it must have been.

The goat was hangin out at Loretta's when he was down there. He didn't hide he was everywhere hangin out.
So he is approachable for sure.

Back