2015 Ricky Carmichael Amateur Supercross - 3/8/2015 - See more at: http://daytona.tracksideresults.c

Saw u and ur son go by in the pits John250...tried to get ur attention but our Zuma was rolling the opposite way!

Our first time there and we really enjoyed it. Tough tough gates in both his 65cc classes. Same group as Lorettas last year and the field is deep! Ended up with a pair of 9th place finishes in the 10-11 65cc class and 7-11 65cc class

image.jpg

Ha...yeah...thanks guys...it was a rough gate...the 65 classes were packed, but they all the classes were packed. Was a great event and was fun.

I personally did not like the track as well as in years past, but still a great time. 1369 entries for Sunday and Monday, 400 plus for Tuesday for the quads. All classes were deep. I had a decent start from a bad gate pick, but not riding since end of October, I faded by the end for sure. Ended up 18th. Happy to keep it on two wheels and get a finish. Matthew did not ride near up to his potential. All in his head.....he just rides totally different than he does at home. He did not qualify in either 85 class.

Others from Ohio had some good finishes for sure. Matt Powers rode great in both 40 and 45 plus. Michael Palmer got a 13th in 40B. The 45 class was fast. Many from 40A got off the track and back on the gate for next moto of 45 plus.

Weather could not be better. Daytona set a record high temperature yesterday.

Might not be in his head John. Sand is a different animal. Makes all of us hard pack and 4 lane highway racers brand new at racing again.

Thanks Chris!
I had a blast and was just pumped to pick up a fresh bike and take it somewhere that wasn't frozen to ride it.
Hopefully we get a chance to rail on some solid, sweet Ohio soil sooner than later!
That sand didn't exactly have me feeling to good coming off of a long winter here. I actually had myself talked down to a top 10 finish before practice started. A lot of names that I have had a hard time being in front of in the past. Especially Pedro Gonzales. He looked sweet and was doing a buch of jumps and stretches... I really thought he was going to work us all!!
Good times!!

John, I agree with Georgie, I qualified 3rd at fastraxx in college boy for LL (2013) and it was a full gate... Got to Baja in Michigan and I rode like a mid pack C rider... Riding in deep, whooped out sand was difficult, not to mention Id never rode sand before... I ended up putting a mx32 in the front and a mx11 in the rear and it helped a little. It's all about momentum and proper bike set up.

Back