Trey Canard – Jake Weimer Injury Update – 2015 Supercross

Typical Trey. Racing too close. Looks like he had a couple feet of room to the right that he could have used just in case Weimer made a mistake. I guess Chad doesn't look so dumb now with his comments. Hopefully both guys get healed up soon.

Really? Pretty sure Jake scooted left due to Schmidt floating left.. racing accident and no fault of treys. Had trey let up, he prolly would a got landed on the same way.. watch again..

I do think that Trey's go for it mentality gets him in trouble sometimes. It's also what makes him so fast, but the split second decision to pin it rather then check up when you see trouble out of the corner of your eye is usually what causes the accident. I'm saying that from experience, not just the Trey accident. Hope they both heal up quickly.

Yeah, regardless, an very unforntunate event. The game of SX is a game of inches at times. I'm not thinking you can fault either one. Sure, some will argue that Trey should have checked up, etc., but if nothing came of it, peeps would be saying Trey was dumb for checking up and that cost him the race, yada, yada. I feel bad for him...and Jake. For Jake it looked very nasty. Trey had to be crapping his pants and having flashbacks of him being landed on... :(

Its not going to help a broken arm but I am betting Weimer wishes he had worn a chest protector with back protection. Can not believe how few guys wear them anymore.

Really? Pretty sure Jake scooted left due to Schmidt floating left.. racing accident and no fault of treys. Had trey let up, he prolly would a got landed on the same way.. watch again..

Scmidt was three bike lengths in front of Weimer. Doesn't look like Weimer did anything to avoid Schmidt, he just simply mistimed the section. It was a mistake. If you watch again, all I was saying is that the entire middle of the track was available for Trey to use between Weimer and Chiz. I never said for Trey to check up. Not trying to argue or anything, simply pointing out another instance where Trey took an unnecessary risk that bit him and another rider. I don't dislike Trey.

looks worse than tv showed

Attachments

• jake2-450x600.jpg
    jake2-450x600.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 364
His gf stated that he didn't remember much of the day at all, and was so out of it that he was poking his finger in the gaping hole under his chin...

"hmmm what's this doing here..."

Agree with Knox...can't believe he wasn't wearing any sort of protection...but I'm not sure how much it would have helped as most of the pro's that do wear an under jersey protector, don't wear the ones that offer shoulder or back protection.

Back