CTMX update

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
We are a month away from our pits filling up for the Showdown At Chillitown. We wanted to get the Pitracer crowd updated on all the happenings. First of all, we are stoked to announce a partnership with the US Army. They will be the title partner for the 2015 season. They pack a huge punch with their marketing capabilities. We are developing a five year plan to take CTMX to the next level. The US Army fits our plan perfectly. We are also in the works to make an immediate "small scale" track expansion. This news will be confirmed in the coming weeks. A long term "large scale" track expansion is also being discussed. This plan will take a year or two to come to fruition. We are planning to have site plans available for viewing at the next race.
Looking at last years entry demographics, we struggled in the NW and SE Ohio quadrants. We plan to step up the marketing in those areas.
Even though we take some grief from fellow promoters, we will once again offer free race classes at various events throughout the season. These classes have yet to be determined. In the weeks ahead we will be announcing our promotional ideas and event details for the "Showdown at ChilliTown"! If anybody has ideas, questions or concerns about CTMX, I can be reached at 740-701-3675 or jeremy@chillitownmx.com
Thanks, Jeremy Forcum

Any plans for changes to the existing track? Aside form just an expansion? I would love to see more tracks due this on an annual basis or more.

You guys are killing me on this whoop dealio! Half the riders love them and half hate them! I keep em and take heat, I change them to rollers and take heat. I guess the weather, along with available time will determine how many changes will be made to the existing track. My goal would be to widen the first 1/4 of the track and reverse the finish line to allow the exit to be near the barn in the back. That would alleviate the area by staging, which is also how the track was run the first two years.

I too like the whoops, its the only place I have an advantage on my nephew.....
Haha, I like that.

I do not however like the whoops, but don't really care if you keep them or leave them. It's part of the track. We all have to race it. I'm good with whatever direction you go...well, maybe not "good" as in the Webster's dictionary definition, but "good" in that it will not waver my decision to come to the race or not... ;)

If you made them so I can jump through them relatively easy, then I'll be "good". Might be able to do that now, I just haven't rode the track enough to figure out this dog's best technique through them...

Oh yes...err...I mean no, you will never make everyone happy. Pitbichers have proven that point. Just sayin'... Do as you will I do say... So let it be written, so let it be done... :)

Leave the whoops, it's a big seperater amongst riders. Those who aren't afraid to pin it through them gain a lot of time through them. Chilitown is a small(er) track and I feel they're appropriate for the design of the track!

I like the idea of changing the finish line to the other direction. Maybe a slow-er section with a few turns right before the finish to create another passing zone.
I know it will not be popular but I would remove the huge triple. Does not really promote good racing (Passing zone) other then when someone does not jump it and the other crazy dudes behind him does. And sooner then later, that will end very, very bad.
Thanks for posting the potential changes, keeps the excitement building.

I say leave the whoops although I am not afraid to pin it, just know changes are huckabuck and other shenanigans or most likely to follow if I did...so I do not. ;) And I like jumps. If you take out the triple, put in another somewhere. Maybe a big finish line tunnel jump or middle tunnel jump or something. I mean, come on...are we MX or NASCAR? Make it safe so that those not jumping it can do so without an overwhelming fear they or their children are going to get landed on. Maybe make an underground tunnel option for those not wanting to jump the big jump(s) ??? That's not too much to ask is it? Simple right? Sure... Everyone can rest easy now and do not have to be pressured into doing something they cannot and blame it on someone else other than thereselves...

Nah scratch it. Where there's a will there's a way man. You screwed, but the best of luck to ya. See ya there! :)

Back