states "Religious Freedom" Bills

I remember my oldest son giving me heck one time when he was a naive teenager. Accusing me of being prejudice on some topic, I can't even remember what it was.

I do recall telling him, along with the other kids.... "You don't have to worry about ole Dad lecturing you all on what may be "My" descriminating views, ........ With time and experience, you will form your own". He is now 32 years old, and sure enough, all 4 kids definitely have formed very strong views that many might regard as being descrinating. Life teach's you.

Last edited:
I remember when "discrininating" used to mean being "selective", and had nothing to do with race or gender confusion.

Discrimination is everywhere. It's like the judge on the bench deems a ruling one way. And another judge deems it the opposite.

It's justified today by what's "fair." That's not fair. Boohoo. So, you've checked this ethnic box on the interview for fireman? 20 additional points awarded on the test!

While the most qualified candidate just got discriminated. Now, now...Shut up and apply somewhere else.

I remember when "discrininating" used to mean being "selective", and had nothing to do with race or gender confusion.

Great point.
Raising your kids you regularly preach to them to be "very descriminate" in choosing their friends. And we all pray that our daughters are "extremely descriminate" in selecting boyfriends to date. (thank goodness they weren't being too descrinant when they were dating me :D).

But I know, I know .... Mike - That''s different and not the same!

It's justified today by what's "fair." That's not fair. Boohoo. So, you've checked this ethnic box on the interview for fireman? 20 additional points awarded on the test!

While the most qualified candidate just got discriminated. Now, now...Shut up and apply somewhere else.

I recall on the PBS Newshour, a year or so ago, that there was some discussion if Affirmitive Action Laws were still necessary or should be abollished now. I don't think it went anywhere.

Why is it that a person I work with has had 4 different girlfriends in the last 4 years, and each year lists the current girlfriend in her domestic partnership. The domestic partner gets health insurance from the person I work with. (Who happens to be a she.)

But, it's not discrimination when they tell me whose been with the same girl for six years that she can't get on my insurance because we're not married....

I've asked this, and they have said: well just go get married. Domestic partners don't have to be married? They have to sign a form that says they have been in a committed relationship for 6 months. Where's my form?

Why is it that a person I work with has had 4 different girlfriends in the last 4 years, and each year lists the current girlfriend in her domestic partnership. The domestic partner gets health insurance from the person I work with. (Who happens to be a she.)

But, it's not discrimination when they tell me whose been with the same girl for six years that she can't get on my insurance because we're not married....

I've asked this, and they have said: well just go get married. Domestic partners don't have to be married? They have to sign a form that says they have been in a committed relationship for 6 months. Where's my form?

Thats effed up!

The laws are not for you. Only the Minorities get "entitlements". You are entitled to nothing. Get a boyfriend! THen you will qualify!

Go register..If Adam Sandler and Kevin James Lived in Ohio, there would not have been a movie!

How to Register as Domestic Partners
Partners who want to register must declare that their relationship constitutes a serious relationship at a courthouse or other designated government office. For instance, District of Columbia residents seeking to register as domestic partners are required to appear in person at the D.C. Department of Health, submit a single application, and pay a fee. Also, they must provide documentation proving that they satisfy the registration requirements (such as being over the age of 18, unmarried, and sharing a permanent residence).

Domestic Partner Benefits
Domestic partners are entitled to some of the legal benefits of marriage, but not all. Some of the common benefits of domestic partnership include:

• Ability to get coverage on a family health insurance policy
  • Right to family leave for a sick partner
  • Right to bereavement leave
  • Visitation rights in hospitals and jails

Many people know that domestic partnershipsare similar to marriage and can apply to unmarried couples who are living together. Many registered domestic partners tend to be in same-sex relationships, especially if they live in a state that does not allow same-sex marriage, but this arrangement is open to both homosexual and heterosexual couples. However, some states and cities that offer the arrangement require at least one of the individuals to be at least 62-years-old if the couple is heterosexual.

A domestic partnership is not identical to marriage, but it provides some of the same benefits. Some states refer to the institution as a "civil union," but the definitions vary from one city or state to the next. See FindLaw's Domestic Partners, Civil Unions, and Living Together sections for more information.

Can my dog be my domestic partner? I really want health ins for him but I dont want to buy an individual policy!

I mean I am a nurse. They won't question my said sexuality on the paoerwork.

4 different girlfriends. In 4 years. She takes them in and gives them health insurance. She's got some kind of charity going on. Or charging these sluts for the cheaper insurance. Something's up.

Back