2014-15 YZ Air Filter

MX099

PR Addict
I removed the stock air filter on my YZ and noticed the glue was pulling away on the seams. No big deal, I just happen to have 6 new DT1 filters.
Well here came the problem, the plastic cage won't seal the edges of the DT1.
So, what filters are 14-15 YZ owners using on your machines? How do they fit? Have you tried to slide the edges of the filter out to see if it's really sealing?
image.jpg
image.jpg

I use twin air. My stock one also started to come undone. There is a lip on the air box side, and the filter cage goes on the other side. the filter should be pinched between the 2 your prob in good shape.

I should have explained myself better so those without a 14-15 YZ will understand. It's not a grease issue. On a stock YZ filter it wraps around the plactic cage making it impossible to slide the filter edge out from the cage and seal. As shown on my photos the DT1 filter has a rubber type flat seal on the bottom (which worked great on my 2013 KX450). I don't think the stock plastic cage is rigid enough to hold it in place. Do the Twin Air filters wrap around the cage like a stock filter? Anyone run GYTR filters?

Been using my stock filter witout any problems. Possibly could be what your cleaning the filter with that is causing the seperation. I use JET A aviation fuel to get the oil out and then immediately wash it in soap and water.

My twin air look like the top half of your filter all the way around. When I take the filter off you can see the indentation from the cage and the air box on the lip of the filter.

I've used the Twin Airs with No-Toil filter oil, no grease from inception in my '14 (45hrs) with zero problems.
Plenty of overlap.

The newer Twin-Air is the ticket. They wrap around like stock. The glue will not effect the glued seems. No grease required.

You can spot the new TA filters as the will have a dark color at the base, right in front of the gas cap. Reason is it gets a lot of debris there, so you can check the filter's cleanliness before installation. The dirt shows up on the black foam if you didn't clean it well.

Careful changing the filter. A lot of dirt hides in that crevis in front of the gas cap.

Hope this helps.

Back