Malvern LLAQ

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Please go to our website, www.racemalvern.com for all of the info about the qualifier! I may or may not have missed something, so please ask questions if you can't find what you need! :)
Thanks! ~Tina~

Track condition / weather update:
For all the racers coming from out of state who don't know how our track is in wet weather: We have had some rain the last two days but nothing to be concerned about. We had practice this past Sunday and had to water several times throughout the day. Sunday night we graded everything and rolled the track so it is packed tight. The track has elevation change all over it so when graded correct the water can run off. Malvern dries out faster than any track we have been to. Several times I have seen mud in the morning and by afternoon we were watering. The majority of our pits are shale based so they are not a concern. The lower field for overflow is a question mark at this point but we will make it work!! Also...We are planning on having the Friday practice! If we have to wait until later in the day to get in, we will! We are one of the few tracks in Ohio that have lights, so we can run until after dark if we need to. We will continue with the weather updates through the end of the week! Thank you!

RV septic pump out and potable water fill will be available on Saturday morning! The cost for each of these services will be $30 cash only. Please come to sign up to get a paper to hang in your front window if you would like to use either of these services.

Weather update: We had a storm go through this afternoon, but we're still in pretty good shape. The next storm coming is going to miss us, thank goodness! But, with the forecast calling for rain on Friday morning, we are going to push practice back a few hours. We will still have the full 6 hours of practice regardless of what time we start. If we have to turn on the lights to finish, we will!
We will give a final update tomorrow afternoon! We're anxiously awaiting the passing of the rain so we can have a great weekend! 0% chance Saturday and Sunday! Woohoo! :D

Ok, final update:
We have had several hours light rain today. Big rigs are rolling in steady. Main pits are holding up good. We have not had to hook a chain to anyone yet. The rain has just stopped here at 6:30. Radar shows a few small scattered cells that may or may not find us. Hourly forecast has chance of thunderstorms off and on throughout the night, but only a slight chance of a shower in the morning. We will be starting practice tomorrow at noon! Sign up for practice will begin at 8 am! AMA memberships will be available.

What looks like the last band of showers just passed and we really lucked out. There was a break in that long band and that is exactly the part that passed over us. We got about 10 minutes of rain. Let the drying begin, mainly the pits. I will be watering the track by tomorrow.

We never got hammered today. Light to moderate for about 3 hours. Track is packed tight and the majority of rain is just running off. There are a couple areas we are going to take a couple inches off the top. Then we will chisel it. I really don't think there will be much mud, if any. I guarantee there will not be any mud for the races.

**** yesterday's post in a different forum*******

Back