Are we following the rules?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
As to not highjack the "Interesting" subject I figured I would start a new...
The question of advancement in the Vet classes came up so I decided to go back to the handy dandy rule book. Now I know I have read this thing no less the 100 times over the years but each time I do, new questions come up.
1. The advancement system is based on the C to B and B to A process. You need an abacus and a slide rule to figure out who advances and doesn't but I'm not going there...
Page 33, paragraph 2 states "All classes MAY be divided into A, B and C skill levels" (May being the key word) It then lists all the Vet classes. So according to the rules, advancement in the Vet classes should be used.
The word "Sportsman" is not mentioned so maybe that is the get out of jail free card.

2. Using the same statement as above it is possible to have 39 different armature classes and the break down of youth classes from page 30 and 31 there are another 15 youth classes for a total of 54 classes.... Stay with me here.... Page 27, paragraph 20 states: For each class, the recommended program is two 15 minute motos... Doing basic math that is 1620 minutes. or 27 hours... Kinda hard to fit into one day don't you think?

3. Under the "General Equipment Standards section on page 19 it details the requirements for gas tanks. "Gas tank capacity MUST be between 1.32 gallons and 6.34 gallons. (Must is the key word this time). I am pretty sure every 50cc bike sold has a tank under this minimum... Are they all illegal?

Now, I know there are gaps and loop holes everywhere and the above is only there to get you thinking, but when was the last time you reviewed the rules? Its an interesting read and a really good way to kill a few hours on a rainy day.

Thank God race season is here, I need to get away from this computer...

I forgot a good one:
Page 10 Paragraph 4: No rider is to classified as a C rider is that rider is receiving or has ever received ANY type of OEM factory support in any class"
Now keep in mind an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) can be a Goggle company or Bob's snow blade company or any company that manufactures a product for sale to the public. So if you get a free pair of goggles or Bob gives little Jimmy a Gas card to get to the track, Is that not OEM support.

Yes I know they are talking about the OEM being a motorcycle manufacturer but it does not say that... :rolleyes:

Guess Davey needs to fire off the email to Alex and the AMA on the rule changes. Once Davey gives them the direction for the change, the AMA will change it. Until MX Sports tells them the new rule, nothing gets changed.

I forgot a good one:
Page 10 Paragraph 4: No rider is to classified as a C rider is that rider is receiving or has ever received ANY type of OEM factory support in any class"
Now keep in mind an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) can be a Goggle company or Bob's snow blade company or any company that manufactures a product for sale to the public. So if you get a free pair of goggles or Bob gives little Jimmy a Gas card to get to the track, Is that not OEM support.

Yes I know they are talking about the OEM being a motorcycle manufacturer but it does not say that... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah.....PROVE IT.

Back