MX213 Temporarily Closed

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Unfortunately the construction being done at the Belmont county fairgrounds has pushed into the spring due to a bad winter and extremely wet spring. I think the fair board had hoped to have this work completed before now, but it has not. I received this message from Ed yesterday:

Due to the construction taking place on the fairgrounds with the roadways being taken out, various ditch lines running across the pit and grounds our executive board felt that it was in the best interest to temporarily close the motocross track. An evaluation will be done in July to see if we will be able to reopen at this time . Please bare with us , this is being done for the safety and welfare of everyone

So at this time there will not be a Spring Series round at Mx213 next weekend. Jason and I will have a decision asap on whether the race will be made up, where and when as quickly as we can. Thanks.

Beans !!! Beans !! Beans !!

He worked his ass off last year and did a great job with prep!

I know we are just dreaming but what the hell?

Reactions: TBO
We have decided to cancel the race, and not move it or make it up. We are checking on moving the Suzuki contingency to another round, possibly Chilli Town. Riders will only need to race 2 rounds to be eligible for Spring Series awards.

Bummer on the closure but sounds like they are making some nice improvements to the facility.

Its not that simple to get an AMA sanctioned event for this weekend. In the past the knee jerk moving of races almost always yielded harsh consequences. I dont like cancelling, especially somewhat last minute, but in viewpoint of safety I think it is a valid reason.

Suzuki has chosen to move the contingency for that event to the Chilli Town event. They had originally picked 3 of 5 rounds, so with the bad news this past weekend, the contingecny coordinator said slide it to the next round on the schedule that did not have it before. Therefore CTMX you are it!

Back