Malvern LLQ Follow up

handracing

PR Founding Father
Just wanted to say Kudos to Malvern and crew for running an excellent program this weekend! We pulled in Friday night, no line and were promptly greeted and parked in a great spot. Went to sign up, once again no line! Used the special "back window" to sign up, everything went smoothly! The whole weekend ran efficiently and track was the best we have seen it! We have been to many qualifiers and regionals and we have to say this was one of the best experiences we have had! Good Job!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 347
You beat me to it !! Definitely a big shout out to the entire Malvern crew for a great job this weekend. We live close enough to not have to camp but were there Friday-Sunday. Run very efficiently, great competition - I think we saw license plates from 1/4 of our states, great vendors, food, all workers. Really pulled this one off.

I literally debated up until 12:30 Friday after practiced started and was told the track was going to be perfect by Z-Man and I have to say he was absolutely correct!!! Made 2 rounds of practice and Ryan raced this weekend. He absolutely loved the track.
Program was run very professional - they did a great job all around!! Great vendors too!! Thanks Malvern - so glad we stayed near home!!

Any idea who all was taking pictures? lol i seen a ton of cameramen/camerawomen. Also any idea who was taking the video besides devon Mistak

I don't know if this post will get lost in the shuffle but being at Malvern this weekend sure was refreshing. All the poorly run qualifying events in the past left a bad taste in a lot of people mouths. The OMA is really stepping up their game!

Jason, pass it along to the crew... YOU AND YOUR CREW DID AN AWESOME JOB, SPECTACULAR, ALMOST OVER THE TOP, (should I keep going)?

First of all, Gail thank you for starting this thread and thanks to everyone for the kind words. Adam, ya what the heck, keep going. Lol.

I am at the track now putting things back together and Tina is buried in a mountain of paperwork so we will post something more in depth tonight. What a test this weekend was for the entire crew. Over 300 for Friday practice and over 800 race entries. The track had ruts and breaking bumps like you would not believe. More later, thanks again everyone.

Ask and you shall receive... All of the results have been sent to MX Sports. Here are the results for all of your viewing pleasure:

Attachments

• Saturday Malvern Qualifier.pdf
    657.6 KB · Views: 1,171
  • Sunday Malvern Qualifier.pdf
    648.5 KB · Views: 847
Gate Pick procedure-only thing I saw that could use some improvement, while moving along trying to pick a gate getting passed by many riders, it kinda defeats the purpose. At other LLQ tracks we have been to, they watch this pretty close..

Let me begin by saying that we were incredibly honored that the AMA and MX Sports gave us the opportunity to be a part of the Loretta Lynn's program. That being said, this was a responsibility that wasn't taken lightly, as we went above and beyond getting extra help to add to what we feel is one of the best crews in the country! The success of this event was not based on one person or one family, but on each individual "crew" working as a group to create a fantastic final result! From the front gate crew, the parking, the sign up and scoring, the announcer, to the flagging crew, track prep, staging, the clean up crew, and the concession stand there were over 50 people that came together to help us make a great weekend. We want to thank each and every one of you for a job well done!
Even though we had to fight through the rainy week prior to the race, the guys got everyone parked without much trouble, and the track turned out almost perfect! There were very few injuries and the motos clicked off in a timely manner. No matter how successful an event is viewed, it definitely exposes the weak spots and shows us the things we can improve on in the future.
Thank you to everyone for coming out and racing with us! We hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!

Back