Credit is due: tvland

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Practice was awesome. Turn track is a favorite of mine. It rutted up deep. Mid day prep saved the track until the end.

Got dusty towards the end. Manageable and fully acceptable. It wasn't blinding. And it didn't hinder the riding experience. Hard to fend off the dust with the direct sunlight and all the riders.

Another thing. Everyone was very safe. One guy cut the track early and I almost hit him. I approached him and asked him not to and he was really nice and apologized. So the idea of a track mentor is a good idea if you can find one who can politely interact with other riders and not immediately yell at them. But really it's our obligation to keep the riding safe in the track. It will only make the riding experience more friendly to all skill levels.

Kids on 85 and a couple 65 riders were going good. And everyone was courteous to the little guy if they came up on him.

What I'm saying is: tvland was fun and safe. It's possible to have both! Good job.

It was a awsome day and Tvland is the safest track I have been to I feel. The only thing I would like to see this year is better watering of the main track. Turn track was primo but the main track needs more water for when it' gets hotter out. Great turnout though

Main track I thought wasn't all that bad. Corners were tacky. Straightaways were dusty. But with not a cloud in the sky and continuous no session practices that's expected.

Keep no sessions. It's the best way for everyone to get the most seat time possible.

image.jpg

Thanks guys!
I was pretty bummed at how fast things dried out.
However I will be trying much harder this season during the day with the water. Saturday my water truck kept having issues and I spent more time under it than in it. The mid day watering didn't even get me all the way around before things let loose and I was headed for the tool shed. I think I have it sorted out now (hopefully, it's not leaking if I'm not using it...ha).
So I do want to apologize for the dust at the end. I'll get it good and keep it there one of these days.
But seriously, THANKS to everyone who came out!! You guys made my day!

Oh and...
I have a few changes in mind for after my first race of the season this Sunday. Keeping things fun AND safe are certainly a priority. If the weather wasn't looking so sketchy this week I would try to get it done but I think I'd better wait. There could be a couple things added in for Sunday but I'm feeling a couple big changes here before long.

Great track day as always Trevor! Turnout was very good, and courteous riders kept things safe for everyone (including the little guys on the track). TVL is always a safe layout that is fun and doesn't intimidate, everyone should check it out for sure!

Track was awesome. Had a great time and felt good to ride for the 1st time in almost 2 years. I gave a shout out to Georgie as we went over the step-up together but he ignored me...probably because I was on a 4 stroke!!!

Back