Talk about a Race Order

Redbud sets the standard that all tracks should strive for. Remember vet classes pay cash unless it's a b/c class. So it's more like trophies for the slow and cash for the fast

It might be difficult for me to ride two classes in the same moto, but worth a shot. Would my finish be scored separately or combined? If I got lapped, would I be down a lap in both classes or would I actually be considered down only a half lap in each?

Yeah, I'm still struggling with racing 30+ B/C and 40+B/C at the same time... Other than that, I really guess you could say it really does not matter to this dog...

Yeah, I'm still struggling with racing 30+ B/C and 40+B/C at the same time... Other than that, I really guess you could say it really does not matter to this dog...
Most of the time they actually start the slower class first and then after they are a half a lap ahead they drop the gate on the faster class. The idea is that then everybody gets there four laps. Believe it or not it actually works pretty well.

Most of the time they actually start the slower class first and then after they are a half a lap ahead they drop the gate on the faster class. The idea is that then everybody gets there four laps. Believe it or not it actually works pretty well.

What I am saying is that they are the two classes I run currently, well, 30+Vet and 40+Vet in the OMA, and that I could not run both with this format.

That is they way I think it should be. I hate it when they send out the faster class first and I get lapped and race cut short. One of the biggest reasons I stopped racing Maple Shade. They would race the vet A/B/C on the same gate, 3 drops, in that order. C class got lapped every time. I don't know if they still do it that way or not, haven't been back.

What I am saying is that they are the two classes I run currently, well, 30+Vet and 40+Vet in the OMA, and that I could not run both with this format.

I get that. They're pretty good about organizing things so that everybody can run more than one class.

Why does there have to be five 85 classes, then theres 35+,45+,30+,30+bc,40+bc,50+, 60+ and vetsport? WTF! Lets hear it for 2 lap motos. And what is open d for?

Why does there have to be five 85 classes, then theres 35+,45+,30+,30+bc,40+bc,50+, 60+ and vetsport? WTF! Lets hear it for 2 lap motos. And what is open d for?

Really! Have you ever raced at Red Bud?

If you sign up for two classes you get two practices. Five laps per practice. The races are four laps per Moto. That's 26 laps and you are done around 3pm.

Really! Have you ever raced at Red Bud?

If you sign up for two classes you get two practices. Five laps per practice. The races are four laps per Moto. That's 26 laps and you are done around 3pm.
Lol, ya Ive been there a few times, lol. Drive all the way there for a 4 lap moto? no wonder you have to sign up for 2 classes! Ya I know its over 2 min lap time.

I've gotta throw my 2 cents into this one...
"Assuming" the track maintenance goes as I say from the track owners...AND quads are racing that day.
Ole Bob from Broken Spokes had it figured out back in the day...
Run your practice.... Quads 1st, mini bikes(track gets packed down for the lil guys n gals), all other bikes. Practice over. - most owners prep the track after practice..- I say don't. (As did Bob)
Race order:
Quads,
Lil bikes (again packed track) and parents get to get lil junior home at a reasonable time.
NOW...track prep...
Give the 1st group of big bikes a site lap to build up berms etc.
Race all bikes...
This is where you'd normally have "halftime"...but I say wait...
I say run the quads again and then the little bikes.
NOW have "halftime" and do the normal track prep...
Run the rest of the bikes throughout the evening....
My thoughts on this is - we quad guys totally understand the big bikes don't want the track flattened out and need ruts... NOONE wants to see a PW50 rider get stuck is deep ruts... AND parents of these little kids want to get them home at a decent time.
Quad guys may get a lil upset at a rough, rutted up track but IF the track owner notices a "dangerous" area because of an unsafe area...the responsible owner will address that specific area...
Okay that may be 3 cents worth....

AND if y'all don't want quads to be 1st ALL the time.... Run quads last in the practice AND race order...having the little bikes 1st...so when quads go last in the 1st motos, the little bikes can follow for their second moto THEN have intermission....
Do like Malvern and Briarcliff does and switch the order every other race held there.

Back