Best bearings?

Mx193

PR Member
What have you guys found to be the best bearings over the years? I have always used pivot works in the past and have had no issues, but the last set of linkage bearings I put in did not last long at all... Rather upset about it. Yes they were done properly and greased properly. I normally take it apart a few times a season and grease then, but these only lasted 9 hours...

I've been using All Balls for a while for my whole bike with no problems. Seems to be very good quality from shock seal head to roller and needle bearings.

Stock for me. The rear end always had that loose thud when lifting the bike to put on the stand with any other manufacturer...and I even bought new bolts to ensure a spec fit. Switch to stock and problem goes away. Aftermarket may save you a few $ in the short run, but I prefer stock.

Save yourself from the mediocre quality of China bearings that come from Moose or All Balls.

Remove your stock bearings and there is a part number and manufacturer name stamped on the needle bearing shell. Take those part numbers to a Bearing Distributor and you can buy the original supplier bearings for much less than the Dealer price. Or, you can Google the numbers and find online suppliers that will ship to your house. Just make sure you are getting the SAME manufacturer and not a China "will-fit". Takes a little more legwork, but it gets you OEM quality bearings for less.

Back