C class struggles.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Simple. In the heat I'll sleep on the gate. Ride real slow. Look at birds. And then when I'm placed in C. IM GONNA COME OUT AND LIGHT THE WORLD ON FIRE.

That's just it, when you don't make the A main you are looked at as a squirrel in those other circles. Most would say well better luck next time buddy, maybe someday you can get consistent and run up front with the fast guys in the A main. remember it could fluctuate week to week depending on how you qualify.

hershey

PR Elite
[QUOTE="Alex186, post: 598601, member: 12654" (I travel to about 35 events a year plus I'm having a baby in August) [/QUOTE]

Cool trick! Science may be interested in you.... LOL!

Woody

PR Addict
Simple. In the heat I'll sleep on the gate. Ride real slow. Look at birds. And then when I'm placed in C. IM GONNA COME OUT AND LIGHT THE WORLD ON FIRE.

All there needs to be is a rewards system in place for qualifying for the A Main. Say paying points on a tier system, A Main pays 75 points to win down to 50, B main pays 50 points to win down to 25, and so on.

Or as simple as you get 20 bonus points for making the A Main, and 10 bonus points for the B Main.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
wow im out of breath after trying to keep up w/ all of these posts...

ive typed up 10 different responses...which leads me to beleiving there is NO solution. A possible solution is to get rid of C at lorettas.

Not every C rider on the gate at your local race cares or wants to go to Lorettas.. so where do they fit in? C class.

However your local C class hero, where is he at LL? Mid pack maybe? So, would it of been fair for him to have to race B? Nope.

There is no answer, nobody will ever be happy. Theres too many arguments for BOTH sides. Eliminating C class, or adding a D class at local races could be the only answer. Let D be non points paying, 5 race maximum before you "point out".. let them sign up for half price because theres no points / year end awards (its to get their feet wet)...stagger them with another comparable speed class... so that we aren't adding extra gate drops to the day.

thoughts on that? I remember we had D class in d12 I think for a little while? I wasnt around then though so I have no idea how it worked or how successful it was or was not...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
That's just it, when you don't make the A main you are looked at as a squirrel in those other circles. Most would say well better luck next time buddy, maybe someday you can get consistent and run up front with the fast guys in the A main. remember it could fluctuate week to week depending on how you qualify.
Factory guys didn't care."sandbag" has been around for a long time.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
maybe it was just certain tracks, i specifically remember scenic having a d class!!! i think you coulnd't double anything. i never ran it. probably should have..should now!

grantsdad25

PR Member
wow im out of breath after trying to keep up w/ all of these posts...

ive typed up 10 different responses...which leads me to beleiving there is NO solution. A possible solution is to get rid of C at lorettas.

Not every C rider on the gate at your local race cares or wants to go to Lorettas.. so where do they fit in? C class.

However your local C class hero, where is he at LL? Mid pack maybe? So, would it of been fair for him to have to race B? Nope.

There is no answer, nobody will ever be happy. Theres too many arguments for BOTH sides. Eliminating C class, or adding a D class at local races could be the only answer. Let D be non points paying, 5 race maximum before you "point out".. let them sign up for half price because theres no points / year end awards (its to get their feet wet)...stagger them with another comparable speed class... so that we aren't adding extra gate drops to the day.

thoughts on that? I remember we had D class in d12 I think for a little while? I wasnt around then though so I have no idea how it worked or how successful it was or was not...

I like this idea and was thinking along the same lines. Below is a snapshot from Red Bud's (GLMX) classes. I think this is a good solution with D class.
Stagger A and B and stagger C and D. All this would do is split the current C class into two groups. D class is not an AMA class and could be controlled at the local level for advancement.
upload_2015-5-7_14-6-17.png

John250

PR Founding Father
Alex if you go back and read old threads I am one or the biggest AMA supporters on pitracer. Re reading my post, sounded like an ass.....I will send you a PM.

I like eliminating or making it a non championship class at lorrettas.

MXracn746

PR Addict
When I raced CMC in California, back in the day, they had classes called Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, and Expert/Pro. They didn't label them A,B,C, or D. Most people could find a class they're comfortable with. The owners would watch the races along with various CMC officials, and were able to spot sandbaggers, and let them know about moving up. If it happened during a series, all points would be lost up to that point during the series, along with year end points.

John250

PR Founding Father
Bluegrass in Winchester KY used to run a D class. It was full of sandbaggers too. I remember people in the D class doing a triple they had.

Lotts24

PR Elite
The sanctioning in New York has a beginner (D) class. Last year it seemed pretty good and not a lot of sandbaggers. We were there last weekend and the first two guys were jumping everything and only half the guys in Novice (C) were jumping everything. Aside from those two guys everyone else looked liked they belong. Regardless of what is done there will always be sandbaggers.