Florida Tracks and Trails

John250

PR Founding Father
Been a lot of hype about Florida tracks and trails. Place looks freaking awesome in photos and videos. But ran across this thread on vital MX. The place will be set up like a theme park. You will drop your bike off in a drop off zone, and then be directed where to park your truck or trailer. Once you enter the park, you can not bring in any outside food or beverages, etc. Not sure this type of set up is going to work at a MX facility. No matter how nice the track is, MX guys like to go to their trailer, pull off a shirt, relax a bit, have the things they need right there, etc.

They will have a general store to purchase food and beverages. Imagine that.

Thoughts? How many will make the trek there this winter to check out the facility?

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Florida-Tracks-amp-Trails-cooler-rental,1286033
FL.jpg

I think they have heard the message loud and clear,

http://www.floridatracksandtrails.com/faq/

For Memorial Day Weekend we ARE allowing coolers, however we are NOT allowing alcohol or any glass containers. All coolers will be searched upon entering our park. The cooler rule is in place for safety, safety is still our MAIN concern. This will be strictly enforced.

I WANA RIDE THE MUD TRACK
Aint it ironic? People in the south will pay to ride in the mud on a perfectly dry day, and in Ohio you cant find a races with a search warrant if it sprinkles.
Don't know that I care for a few of the rules but we may be looking at the model of motocross in the future. Very cool.

yeah im not sure how the drop zone crap will work out but if they are trying to eliminate pit riding that is one clear cut way to do it.

just watched a video on youtube of the pro track.... :eek:

Someone with an MBA designed that place...

No coolers. Eh piss off. Ill take my dogs, dirtbikes and coolers to Thundercross mx in okeechobee or one of the many other awesome Floridian tracks.

Its like disney world for MX bikes. Thats my thought, alot of northerners go south in the winter. They have motorhomes, kids, dogs, etc. Thats just not how many MX people want to have their track expirience. The facility looks incredible though. Wonder if it makes it.

I can't imagine them not allowing dogs when the campground opens. They can't tell you that you can't bring food in if you're camping for a week or more! It's probably just the rules for a one day event. At least I hope so!
~Tina~

There answering machine is worse than a damn credit card company. Press 1 for this. Press 2 for this.

Sixteen minutes later. "Please leave a message at the tone we will call you back@. Haven't got a call back yet. And that was back In February.

I was driving north from the keys. Planned on stopping there. I wont mind never going. They're more into concerts. Well mx is long shot from a concert. I don't care how nice the track is.

The way I read it, if your camping your in the camp ground that's one thing. But once you go into the track area with your bike, you don't go back and forth. You have to drop your bike off in a drop off zone, then go into the park. Like entering an amusement park or something.

Back